• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Installation Issue

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
Hello all! I've been away for a while because my last computer couldn't deal with POTC. I got a new machine (Windows 7) and tried to install the game 3 times but keep running into a problem:

Once I get to 69% (on disk 2) it just stops. The computer says it's still running but never progresses any further no matter how long I let it run. The disks are clean and undamaged. Any ideas? I loved this game and would really like to start playing it again.

AARRGGHH!! Some sort of glitch made me think this post did not post. Ignore.............

It is not an operating system problem, so it must be some sort of hardware problem. Reading your history it seems to have installed ok on your last computer. Oh, wait. Could your antivirus or antispyware program be blocking it?

Ahoy Jason, welcome back mate! :dance

There seems to be a bit of an issue with the actual install disk media, I think they used the cheapest that they could find. The last time I installed POTC, I ended up having to copy the contents of the install disks to my hard drive and install it from there. Everything seemed to work ok, just be sure not to install it to the default Program Files directory.

Okay, i have it all installed but have the same intel issue. I notice this (Build 14) version) doesn't come with Swiftshader, where can I download that? (This is a stronger machine and perhaps can manage it better than the last)

You can download Swiftshader from the ModDB HERE.

SwiftShader was removed from the installer to prevent accidental installs of it.

SwiftShader was removed from the installer to prevent accidental installs of it.

Back