• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help installing the GOF mods

Ryan Shockey

Thunder
Banned
can someone tell me how to install the GOF is it suposed to be on a fresh Copy of CoAS or not 2nd of all how do i get single mods into the game such as the USS Constitution and the HMS Victory

This is the POTC forum. You might have better luck in the COAS forums. I installed GOF 1.2 into a clean COAS install and it works. The good people in the COAS forums would know more about getting those ships into GOF.

The early Victory is already in my GOF install and the early USS Constitution is also. The newest models have not been ported over yet.

Moved to the appropriate forum. :rolleyes:

If the ships from the POTC build mod use the exact same names as the ones in GOF then its very easy to do, just go to your resources/models/ships and delete all the GM files for the consition and victory and put the ones from the POTC build mod in and add 1 at the end of the ships name for each of the GM files ie, consitition1, victory1 etc etc. Now open resources/textures/ships and open the ship folder for consitition Hull1, 2 and 3 need the textures.tga.tx files deleteing and the new ones adding in there place. Do the same for the vicotry and thats it. Load your game and as long as the ship had the ship(s) had the same name(s) as the ones you replaced the game will be fine and the ships will be generated as normal.

If however you wish to add a new ship, its a little more complex. You have 3 files in the programs files you have to edit, and 3 files in the resources folder you need to edit. I suggest you replace 1 ship like the consitition to the the basics of how to port the ships over before trying to implement new ones into the game because the walk files for the POTC ships need to be manually translated to work in COAS aswell. A little typo will see your game not work or playing up either from the start or when the ship that isn't correctly added is generated. Which most likely would lead to a CTD.

If you wait a ittle while there will be a new updated patch for GOF 1.2 which will implement the new models for these ships. I'm just a little busy testing a projet out and as soon as i have done that i will move back to the GOF 1.2 patch as get that sorted up to date and uploaded for everyone.:onya

Back