• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Interactive map

cwm33

Landlubber
Avast mateys!

I took a little time this morning (bored at work :will ) and set up an interactive map for AoP2:COAS. Currently it only features all of the main cities in game, but I plan to expand it to all landmarks (once I have more than a rough idea of where they are :facepalm ). Either way, the cities component is working, and they are fully searchable like google maps, so if you're having a hard time finding a city this should expedite the process significantly!

Eventually I hope to have all sorts of useful information on there, such as totem locations, treasure, anything useful to a scurvy dog! :dance

Update: I have probably 90% of the landmarks entered in (hopefully) the correct locations. I skipped putting forts in, because a fort is usually pretty simple to find, just put up the Jolly Roger and look for the muzzle flash. xD:

I did find one thing that is annoying about the service though, and that it can only handle a certain number of landmark icons being displayed at a time, which means the best way to find anything is through the search feature (which is really how I intended it anyway). I might look into creating my own google API like the guy that did this setup made, just to see if it's horribly annoying or not, and if not I'll just build my own. :whipa

http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=5942

Avast mateys!

Currently it only features all of the main cities in game, but I plan to expand it to all landmarks (once I have more than a rough idea of where they are :facepalm ).
Eventually I hope to have all sorts of useful information on there, such as totem locations, treasure, anything useful to a scurvy dog! :dance

Search the forum for the word "russian" and in the search results look for the topic with my post. You will find detailed maps (with landmarks) there.

Avast mateys!

Currently it only features all of the main cities in game, but I plan to expand it to all landmarks (once I have more than a rough idea of where they are :facepalm ).

Search the forum for the word "russian" and in the search results look for the topic with my post. You will find detailed maps (with landmarks) there.

I found your thread, but there's one teensy problem with that. The really detailed map is in Russian, and I haven't the foggiest clue how to read Russian. :facepalm

Hey if you can figure out how to get Google Translate to work on an image, you're a much smarter man than I! :shrug

I think with the amount of time it would take me to figure out the Russian characters and get it all transposed, I would probably be able to do it faster just through having my laptop running beside me the next time I'm playing and just entering them in as I play. :keith

Unless you have another idea for that so I can do some of it at work. ;)

Actually I probably can do some of it just off of the wording on the map itself (and use the russian for location), will just be missing a few that get put in later.

There were english maps too posted in this thread (not from me) - but in the same thrread. If the links are not dead of course.

I tried all of them, and a fair number of them are dead. I did manage to get a VERY high resolution image of the fold out map though, too bad the service I used for that map only allows a 4MB JPG to be uploaded for free accounts. :modding

Fred Bob be a wonderin' if'n mebbe Acrobat might be a possible way tew go ... :?

Youse fellers needs to be checkin' out dis here map made by Sordid. Jist tested da link an it ain't broke.

See post #11.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13796-coas-mini-mods/

Youse fellers needs to be checkin' out dis here map made by Sordid. Jist tested da link an it ain't broke.

See post #11.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13796-coas-mini-mods/

That's actually what I based my map off of, and mine isn't a game mod. It's a website that uses the google maps API to create a map that is searchable that you can put all sorts of notes on, that pop up when you click on the landmark. I set it up for my own reference, but figured others might appreciate it as well once it has everything in it. :razz

I'm adding things to it as we speak, and should have all the landmarks that are listed in that mod on there by the time I leave from work. Then I'll just be tweaking the locations etc, and adding in anything missing. :onya

After that, it comes down to adding information into each location, as far as what can be found there. That's something I'd definitely love some input from you guys on, as I'm really not that worldly as far as where to find things in game. I'm just a bored man at work! :wp

Back