• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Interesting or beautiful images/animations

Sand 2 Go

Mythical Pirate
Storm Modder
Public Relations
I made this thread in order for us to have a place that we can post any beautiful or interesting images we have taken or made.
If you have an image you think is post-worthy, then go ahead and post it here!
Images/animations created in in an image editor are of course allowed!
LightPA.jpeg
DisplayMacro.jpeg
PA_logo_animation.gif

PA_logo_animation_invert.gif
All images should be put under spoilers, especially if they are big.

HA!
Fun one. :cheeky

Wished we could put those to some REAL good use!
They're very, very cool.

Could be used in signatures on other websites; to draw attention.
Movement draws attention, right?

Are you able to make ones with a transparent background?
That might fit in better when used for signatures in random places.

HA!
Fun one. :cheeky
Glad you like it! I had made it almost a year ago, but I couldn't share it because I didn't have a PA! account.

Are you able to make ones with a transparent background?
That might fit in better when used for signatures in random places
No, unfortunately it is impossible to make a gif with a transparent background.
Someone could make it have a different color on the background, though. That someone is not going to be me, unfortunately, as, while I know how to do a few things with an image editor, (GIMP, in my case) the logo was transparent initially, which made it have a gradient that would make it much harder.

Pretty sure that's not true.
The file format supports transparency for sure.
Then it may be GIMP, because the Black background came from me saving it. I now checked and it indeed supports transparency but it is not like a PNG that can be half transparent. Once I find an opportunity, I will try again, and maybe have a different outcome, but the gradient that goes to black on the letters will look weird if I make it transparent.
We will see next week most likely unless someone sees this and makes it on their own.

Then it may be GIMP, because the Black background came from me saving it. I now checked and it indeed supports transparency but it is not like a PNG that can be half transparent.
Ah yes; that makes sense.
Only 100% transparent.

but the gradient that goes to black on the letters will look weird if I make it transparent.
Suggestion: put a black line around everything.
That should help.

Otherwise I see no practical use. And that'd be a shame; because it IS quite nice.

unless someone sees this and makes it on their own.
Like that'd ever happen! :rofl

Suggestion: put a black line around everything.
That should help.
Good idea. I will screenshot this so I can remember to both do it, and to use that idea while doing so.
I still am not sure if you can have transparency with the gif, but if I can, it should be less than an hour of work.

I still am not sure if you can have transparency with the gif, but if I can, it should be less than an hour of work.
I know there is a way.
I've seen plenty transparent-background GIFs back in the "golden GIF days of the early 2000s".
It can be done.

I just don't know how...
Not for an animated one.
I've never made animated ones.

Maybe in the Export options, you have to enable it somewhere?

Maybe in the Export options, you have to enable it somewhere?
From memory, I don't think it was in export options. What I remember being there that was gif specific is only the frame timing. If anything is going to do it, it will be me adding an alpha layer, and removing all of the black. If it saves with it being transparent then I shall add the black outline and it is done.
I have one question. Should I make it both expand and contract, or should it be just one of the two?

Today, I decided to make my first ever 3d models. The first one was a banana, but blender crashed and I hadn't saved it. This is my second ever 3d model, a cannon, which I have rendered with path tracing. Enjoy!
(I rendered this on a nearly 10 year old laptop and it took 15 minutes, and if I count the time it took me to make it, it is definitely over an hour.)
If only I had a model of the Atlantis....
3d cannon render.png

Not bad for a first try.
In fact with better textures it will look better than the stock PotC cannons.

If only I had a model of the Atlantis....
I think @Pieter Boelen would also like this.
I wonder if a 3d model of a different boat of the same model could be found somewhere.
If that is found it should be up to a bit of texturing.

Regardless, @Grey Roger did fit guns on her.
Correct. In fact, here's a picture of the Black Diamond before she was disarmed and converted to legal, civilian use.
boat-jpg.28617

Unless if you mean the city. That might be harder. :p

Edit: A quick search landed me on this:
Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library

Pieter this might interest you. Not sure if it could be used in mods, but it might be worth a look.
However it should be noted that an account is needed to download, the website seems safe from the quick look I have given it.

Last edited:
I think @Pieter Boelen would also like this.
The very reason why I said that in the first part, was because Pieter had said he wanted cannons.
If we found a model of the Atlantis though, and I fit my cannons to her, then someone could add it as a ship in New Horizons, but it should be really hard to get if it were to be added. (But if it were to be really hard to get, then maybe it could also be insanely powerful.)

[Posts merged]

(Sorry for making a second post in a row like that, I somehow managed to press Post Reply instead of insert quotes. Yes. Even though they are in different sides.)
In fact with better textures it will look better than the stock PotC cannons.
Maybe not the back of it wouldn't. It has a little bit of a curve and then it is flat.
Unless if you mean the city. That might be harder.
But isn't it in AC Odyssey? I am sure there is a way to extract it.
By the way, the image that is quoted won't actually load for me even if I visit the thread you quoted.

Last edited:
Sorry for making a second post in a row like that, I somehow managed to press Post Reply instead of insert quotes.
If you really want to I can merge the two. But there's no need to worry about it, it happens to everyone occasionally.

Maybe not the back of it wouldn't. It has a little bit of a curve and then it is flat.
Even then there's more detail to it, or at least it seems like it from the picture.

But isn't it in AC Odyssey? I am sure there is a way to extract it.
While I have the game I haven't tried modding it. Not sure if they would let you extract their files that easily.

By the way, the image that is quoted won't actually load for me even if I visit the thread you quoted.
This should work:
boat.jpg

I really was not satisfied when I made the animation with the black outline.
It had many flaws, so I tried doing it without the outline, and it seemed to be better.
PA_logo_animation transparent 2.gif

Does a video count as an image or an animation?
It technically counts as an animation, right?
On any note, here is one of my first videos I have edited!
Nothing fancy, just background audio and some text, but it is a start.

I seem to have found the Nameless Pirates evil cousin!
Here is Beckett, The Named Pirate!
archolos named pirate blanked textScreenshot from 2021-12-10 18-33-54.png
Dialogue text blanked in case anyone knows what this is but hasn't started it yet. :)

Back