• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Interface Mod

donjn

Landlubber
With all the great mods I was wondering if it is possible for an interface mod? I currently use a joystick to emulate the keyboard and it is great. I never have to use the keyboard during my game.

However nomatter what you do in POTC you have to sail on the map screen with WASD and the space bar is used for conversations. Some menus you have to hit the ESC key after clicking around.

Can soemone make a "back" button on the all the interface pages so you can click on it to shut down the menu? It really sucks having to use your mouse, then locate the ESC key to exit a menu. Of course, this is just one example of many poor interface choices.

You can overwrite ALL controls, including those that are not in the options menu, in controlsinit_pc.c

Just open the file with Notepad, find the section "// World map" and replace the WASD in those "CI_GetKeyCode("W") commands with letters of your choice.

Control modding was a hot topic about one year ago. You will find more about it in some old posts at www.thelib.com

HTH

ALexusB added those buttons a long time ago, it just never made it into the build.
On the other hand, you'd need to click them (they weren't `keyboard-enabled` IIRC).

Back