• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
An ordinary day in the office:

20190919_151303.jpg

:rofl

Is that supposed to be without sound though...?

EDIT: Apparently, yes.
Yeah, we just threw that together quickly earlier today with Twitter in mind, where most people are likely to watch it without sound.
It was preferable to one of us attempting a piratey voice-over; that wouldn't have gone well. xD

But, why is me rum gone? :rumgone
Because the rum is always gone...

An ordinary day in the office:

View attachment 35038

Homemade Jamaica coffee! :onya I knew you had family ties to Jamaica, Pieter!

"Well, gentlemen... the way I see it we have two options: we either storm that frigate, put governor as captive under our belt, and sail for famed Antigua -- to plunder all its worth -- or we sit here like frightened ducks in a pond, wishing we had done the one thing that could 'ave turned our misfortunes around. What say you? Are you game?"

:pirates

Last edited:
Who likes coins? I'm trying to get rid some of my stash.
Well, these ones specifically: 70419871_2447735245293389_537352171675451392_n.jpg :dance:treasure::type1
*Ever heard of a pirate that just gives things without getting something in return? Yes, they're FREE of charge. :razz

How did you finish off your share of Santo Domingo's rum that quickly? Even my fleet of rum-swiggers are going to take a month or two to drink their way through that lot!

:cheers :aar :drunk ARRRR!
No that rum is not gone, but I was hired for a job in land that required pirate skills and have been away from my ship.

Meaning, I am busy in real life.

Does anyone know or can find the original artist of this picture? (-yes I can't find it, my "google" skill's ain't that good:razz)
Battle.jpg

Author unknown/lost. It was likely a freely licensed digital artwork, published online by the artist, and it got picked up by the many wallpaper sites and spread around the net like wildfire. There are many artworks like this that lose their authors over time. It just goes to show how transient the nature of the web really is. :(

Edit:
And no, it's not a Magic: The Gathering card, originally.

Last edited:
Author unknown/lost. It was likely a freely licensed digital artwork, published online by the artist, and it got picked up by the many wallpaper sites and spread around the net like wildfire. There are many artworks like this that lose their authors over time. It just goes to show how transient the nature of the web really is. :(

Edit:
And no, it's not a Magic: The Gathering card, originally.

Well, that's what I thought after posting.

Well, that's what I thought after posting.
It's commonly used on the web for derivative creative works, and the person you've linked to thought it would look great as the "Brave the Elements" card in MTG, so they designed a custom card with it as the artwork -- which, in turn, many other people thought looked great, and so it also became popular on the web.

Judging by the artwork's spread on the web, I'd say it was first published from the early 2000s to about a decade ago. Even the original title of the artwork is lost.

Last edited:
Back