• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Iron Man Mode: Jewelry Items enhancing Skillson Iron Man

jsv

Freebooter
Storm Modder
In my current game I'm getting all kinds of skill bonuses from jewelry (taken from dismasted vessels) as well as from idols (taken from native rafts). I thought those are not supposed to work on Iron Man?

Indeed they're not:
Code:
  bool SkillBonus = true;
  if (HasSubStr(id, "jewel") || HasSubStr(id, "indian") || HasSubStr(id, "mineral") || id == "chinatiger")
  {
  SkillBonus = iRealismMode<2 && !ITEM_REALISM;       // BB&Sulan: no bonuses - for those who like more realism, to whom a ruby does not grant any fencing skills
  if(iRealismMode>0)     genitm.skill.hidden  = true;   // PB: You do get the bonus on Realistic Game Mode, but you don't get to see it
  }
  if(SkillBonus)
  {
  if ( leadership != 0 )  genitm.skill.leadership = leadership;
  if ( fencing  != 0 )  genitm.skill.fencing  = fencing;
  if ( sailing  != 0 )  genitm.skill.sailing  = sailing;
  if ( accuracy  != 0 )  genitm.skill.accuracy  = accuracy;
  if ( cannons  != 0 )  genitm.skill.cannons  = cannons;
  if ( grappling  != 0 )  genitm.skill.grappling  = grappling;
  if ( repair  != 0 )  genitm.skill.repair  = repair;
  if ( defence  != 0 )  genitm.skill.defence  = defence;
  if ( commerce  != 0 )  genitm.skill.commerce  = commerce;
  if ( sneak  != 0 )  genitm.skill.sneak  = sneak;
  }

iRealismMode = 2 is the Iron Man Mode.

This may not work if the game was started with a different realism mode and it was switched afterwards.
You could try using Reinit (F11) to update the item initialization.

This may not work if the game was started with a different realism mode and it was switched afterwards.
You could try using Reinit (F11) to update the item initialization.
That might be the case. I was switching back and forth between the modes to check that worldmap stuttering.
Not a bug, then... or not much of a bug :)

I did tried f11, it didn't seem to help.

To double-check, I started a new Assassin game on Iron Man Mode.
Gave myself "book1" and "chinatiger" through console.
I got Melee + 1 from my sword, Grappling + 2 from Black Bart's Bumper Book of Boarding, but NOT Accuracy + 2 from the China Tiger.
So I think this still works.

Of course the game allows switching Difficulty and Realism Modes in mid-game. Mostly those switches work, but not in all ways.
Starting game on Realistic, then switching to Arcade also makes for RIDICULOUS ship handling, for example.

Back