• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is it possible to capture cities?

NawradneZ

Landlubber
What the title says.

So far I've only managed to plunder some cities, but never had the option to capture them.
I thought it would be possible since in the "Statistics" tab there is a "Cities captured" stat and thought it would make sense as the General-Governor to bring some Colonies under French rule.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards
nawradnez

Hello.

In TEHO you can only loot the colonies, when you leave it returns to its previous nation.

It can be done by land by entering through the city gates or by sea by destroying the fort's cannons, the latter option is the most difficult by far.

Not possible in vanilla game, because in order to capture them, you need to lift the "worldmap pause". In CoAS it was possible to lift it by completing one of the nation's questlines. In TEHO you can lift it, but some script changes are required. These changes can be applied by modifying files in the 1.7.3 beta.

Not possible in vanilla game, because in order to capture them, you need to lift the "worldmap pause". In CoAS it was possible to lift it by completing one of the nation's questlines. In TEHO you can lift it, but some script changes are required. These changes can be applied by modifying files in the 1.7.3 beta.

So would it technically be possible to mod this in?

If you played CoAS, it should be familiar.
Ah; indeed I never played CoAS.
Only PotC for me, really... :oops:

It is a simple bool value that is set to false when you complete a nation's questline.
Gotcha!
And in TEHO the only real change is that this simple bool is never set to false during the story.

Is that because TEHO is specifically intended to have you as player playing one specific character?
And you don't imagine that character to be the town-conquering type?

Ah; indeed I never played CoAS.
Is that because TEHO is specifically intended to have you as player playing one specific character?
And you don't imagine that character to be the town-conquering type?
TEHO is a story game, unlike CoAS, a sandbox. Allowing to conquer colonies related to quests would tamper with the storyline and introduce game-breaking bugs. Also, in TEHO there are no diplomats in taverns, so they can't help you bribe the colony's nation to stop trying to reconquer it...

TEHO is a story game, unlike CoAS, a sandbox. Allowing to conquer colonies related to quests would tamper with the storyline and introduce game-breaking bugs. Also, in TEHO there are no diplomats in taverns, so they can't help you bribe the colony's nation to stop trying to reconquer it...
Gotcha!
That explains a lot.
Thanks. :cheers

That makes many things more clearer. Thank you very much!! :thumbs1

so .. in sdnh you can only loot the ports and obviously the colonies .. but you have to keep a good number of officers and a crew at the most .. while for coas mod gof depending on the story you make you can capture and plunder the city. .see government mission..hello soon and good life rum brother

Hello.

In TEHO you can only loot the colonies, when you leave it returns to its previous nation.

It can be done by land by entering through the city gates or by sea by destroying the fort's cannons, the latter option is the most difficult by far.
Very true...

What about the DLC, Flying the Jolly Roger? It says;
  • Your very own base;
I assumed this ment a colony or something like a base where you can produce goods and/or build ships.

Indeed, with this DLC you get access to
a small base on a remote island. It has nothing to do with a colony,
it serves as a warehouse, to repair ships and shelter them.

Indeed, with this DLC you get access to
a small base on a remote island. It has nothing to do with a colony,
it serves as a warehouse, to repair ships and shelter them.
Oh, would've been nice if that spoiler was added to Steam page.

How about the 'Hero of the Nation' DLC? It says you get to be governor of colonies, I assume that means I can control the colonies I govern... otherwise wtf am I governing?

• A chance to become the General-Governor of French colonies!

Oh, would've been nice if that spoiler was added to Steam page.

How about the 'Hero of the Nation' DLC? It says you get to be governor of colonies, I assume that means I can control the colonies I govern... otherwise wtf am I governing?

• A chance to become the General-Governor of French colonies!
It's more of a cosmetic title than anything else, you get rewards as you progress through the mission and little else.

You don't have control of all the French colonies or anything like that.

Back