• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is it possible to conquer Isla Mona and Petit Tabac?

Fluen

Freebooter
I guess, I'm headed for megalomania after conquering both Santo Domingo and Point a Pitre. Because while I've dreamt of conquering all of the Caribbean, since it became possible to keep a conquered town, the sight of my flag on the whole of Hispaniola apparently set off a desire to see that on ALL the islands.

But Isla Mona and Petit Tabac are uninhabited, aside from the silver mine in "The silver train". So I wonder, if it's possible to use the "land troops"-perk to take them. Has anyone tried?

You can try it, then report what happened. ;)

My guess is that you won't be able to use "Landing Party" on an island with no colony. There's nobody to fight. Also, when you attack a town, you fight your way through a sequence of locations. This will be either rampaging through the town after you've destroyed the fort, or the beach plus a jungle or two on your way to an unfortified town. That sequence is set up in the town's definition. There can be no such sequence where there is no town!

If I'm right and you can't attack Petit Tabac, the best I can suggest is to complete "The Silver Train", which means you can at least land and also means you've defeated both the Indians and the Spanish forces there. Then order one of your officers to build something. It's not quite the same - the archipelago map won't show your flag there, and you won't get any taxes because there's nobody to tax. But at least it's a way of making your mark on the place.

You can't even land on Isla Mona unless you're playing the "Assassin", "Ardent" or "Woodes Rogers" storylines, which use it for quest purposes. So even if you could conquer an uninhabited island, those stories would need to block it from being conquered the same way "Tales of a Sea Hawk" blocks you from conquering various towns, as conquering them would make a mess of the story.

You are right. I tried with Isla Mona, but couldn't even find the landing beach, I used in "The silver train". Unlike when I find an anchor place by myself, Will Turner kept that knowledge to himself. Damn! I can't even play tourist there. :nogood

Isla Mona is not involved in "The Silver Train". Will Turner has no more idea than you about how to land there. ;)

Thank you for that information. But according to the map, Petit Tabac is Portugese. How come the Spaniards have a mine there? At the moment I have a peaceful relation to Portugal, so I can't test the land troops perk. Once the main story progresses far enough to make me an enemies of England and its allies, I will.
I was able to land on Devil's Creek and go sightseeing. In "The silver train" there are two landing places: Devil's Creek and the one, the Spaniards use. Is is possible to anchor up at that second landing place?

It's Portuguese because it's right next to La Grenade. The Spaniards presumably sneaked on to set up their silver mine for the quest. But you can expect to find Portuguese ships patrolling around it. (In "Revolutions" and "Napoleonic", when Portuguese La Grenade becomes British Grenada, Petit Tabac becomes British as well.)

The beach used for the encounter with the Spanish is not available for landing. Only Devil's Creek is defined as a landing spot.

Back