• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is it possible to fix this?

Mirsaneli

Privateer
Storm Modder
Again, I need help from Storm modders. Do you know if it's possible to get rid off this ugly glitch where water enters the ship's hull?

o7jUaml.png

Note that this actually happened on the old ships -- so it could be considered a feature, not a bug. :)
Hahaha! Good one! :cheeky

The way to fix it would be to move the ship model's position marker lower using the Inez Dias Tool.
Do you mean to edit the main hull GM with the TOOL?
Unfortunately doing that tends to cause collision/lighting data to get lost/corrupted.
Locator work on the main hull is usually fine; but not geometry...

Again, I need help from Storm modders. Do you know if it's possible to get rid off this ugly glitch where water enters the ship's hull?
Is that first cannon deck actually ON the water level?
Ship has a disturbingly low freeboard then!

Perhaps add a "_deck.gm" file that adds some extra detail above the flooding so that it doesn't show?
Or raise the waterline?

Unfortunately doing that tends to cause collision/lighting data to get lost/corrupted.
Actually I have changed this in a ship's model with no errors twice.
My Black Pearl mod for TEHO has this on both versions.
I think that adding new components is what causes this.

Actually I have changed this in a ship's model with no errors twice.
My Black Pearl mod for TEHO has this on both versions.
I think that adding new components is what causes this.
Adding components definitely causes it. I suspect removing them would too.
But I can believe that just moving them would work fine.
Nice one! :onya

For TEHO and the other newer Storm Engine games I suppose that this is the case.

I haven't tried only moving stuff in PotC though.
Probably it will still work, but you can never be too sure. :unsure

Hahaha! Good one! :cheeky

Is that first cannon deck actually ON the water level?
Ship has a disturbingly low freeboard then!

Perhaps add a "_deck.gm" file that adds some extra detail above the flooding so that it doesn't show?
Or raise the waterline?

How to raise waterline?

You can also edit the ship's definition in "Ships_init.c" and change the 'refship.WaterLine' line. Minor changes to the value can make it sit higher or lower in the water.

For fun, I once took this to extremes to create a flying Flying Dutchman:
real_flying_dutchman.jpg

You can also edit the ship's definition in "Ships_init.c" and change the 'refship.WaterLine' line. Minor changes to the value can make it sit higher or lower in the water.

For fun, I once took this to extremes to create a flying Flying Dutchman:
View attachment 37792

ahahahahahahahahaha tnx for the tip mate! I guess this is what I needed, but not the extreme version :D

Also it must be noted that a new game is needed for this, as with editing any other attribute in "Ships_init.c".
The exception is New Horizons, in which you can press F11 and re-initiate the ship stats, along other stuff.

Personally I like the water on the deck because it looks like foams on deck(the stuff you see on low lying sailships)

Seeing as we are here to report GOF bugs, I have one...

The HMS Bounty model. Size is good, but the helm is just waaaayyyy to small, it should be atleast 2x bigger. And the Blue-yellow colour scheme is a too light, the blue should be near blue-black.

PS I don't mean to rant or anything so yes:rolleyes:

Size is good, but the helm is just waaaayyyy to small, it should be atleast 2x bigger.
Are you sure?
Old-school sailing ships often have disproportionally small rudders.
They aren't big enough to steer the ship; that is why those ships have to be steered, in large part, by trimming the sails.

In any case, adjustments to the model geometry are not so easy.
Though perhaps you could cut off the rudder as a separate GM, then scale it up and position it with a locator on top, hiding the existing one.

On the other hand...
And the Blue-yellow colour scheme is a too light, the blue should be near blue-black.
Changing colours is relatively easy.
You could look into that. ;)

I know on PotC:NH, we had several different paint schemes on the HMS Interceptor.
One was quite blue-and-yellow, while the other one was much closer to black.

The HMS Bounty model. Size is good, but the helm is just waaaayyyy to small, it should be atleast 2x bigger.
Do you mean the rudder or the steering wheel?

And the Blue-yellow colour scheme is a too light, the blue should be near blue-black.
Try this one - it's the texture for HMS Bounty in PoTC. Unzip it and put it in "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\Bounty1\Hull2". You may want to copy the existing file to somewhere safe first, in case you decide you prefer it after all. The PoTC one is darker as if it's been freshly painted. The GoF one looks a bit faded as if it's been at sea for a few years, and shows the plank detail better.

Attachments

• Bounty.tga.tx.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 144
Are you sure?
Old-school sailing ships often have disproportionally small rudders.
They aren't big enough to steer the ship; that is why those ships have to be steered, in large part, by trimming the sails.

In any case, adjustments to the model geometry are not so easy.
Though perhaps you could cut off the rudder as a separate GM, then scale it up and position it with a locator on top, hiding the existing one.

On the other hand...

Changing colours is relatively easy.
You could look into that. ;)

I know on PotC:NH, we had several different paint schemes on the HMS Interceptor.
One was quite blue-and-yellow, while the other one was much closer to black.
Do you mean the rudder or the steering wheel?

Try this one - it's the texture for HMS Bounty in PoTC. Unzip it and put it in "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships\Bounty1\Hull2". You may want to copy the existing file to somewhere safe first, in case you decide you prefer it after all. The PoTC one is darker as if it's been freshly painted. The GoF one looks a bit faded as if it's been at sea for a few years, and shows the plank detail better.

Ah I was talking about the wheel(helm). Its so kid size

You could try resizing the wheel using TOOL. Be sure to copy the original "Bounty1.gm" to somewhere safe first, in case this doesn't work.

Back