• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is it possible to run into any tier 1 ships?

SlayerzPirate

Landlubber
Awesome mod might I add, However I was curious I have been playing for some time and wanted to know
how to find or aquire a tier 1 ship. I have only seen tier 2s at most. are there any tier 1s? or is there something I have to change in the options? I am playing the default story, Nathaniel hawk if I recall..

Also - What is the most bug free story mode that is the most sandboxy - I don't care about missions/quests I seem to crash very frequently and have tried re installing multiple times to no fix.

Ahoy and welcome! :ahoy

Tier 1 vessels do appear in random encounters, based on what you've set in the 'Sea Encounters Generation' option under Advanced Options:
1) The first option generates completely random encounters, so you'll see Tier 1 ships very rarely.
2) The second option takes your character level and ship tier into account, so the bigger your ship, the bigger the enemy ships you encounter.
Also note that you'll only ever see Tier 1 vessels in naval encounters, and never in pirate encounters.

You could also try adjusting the settings under 'REALISM SETTINGS: INTERFACE' in Advanced Options, which control whether the player can purchase large vessels in shipyards.

I would recommend the Master and Commander storyline for free play opportunities. There is currently no story to follow, so you start off as Jack Aubrey with HMS Surprise and can do as you please.

I hope that helps.

Also, on a well known island in the tavern there is a well know person who will give you a compass that does not point North. From there it is possible to find an island where one can buy tier 1 ships. :nerbz

Also, do you have error logging enabled? You should not be getting CTDs.

Also, on a well known island in the tavern there is a well know person who will give you a compass that does not point North. From there it is possible to find an island where one can buy tier 1 ships. :nerbz

Also, do you have error logging enabled? You should not be getting CTDs.

oooh thanks :) And no I will enable it and post a log when it happens though - Edit it appears if I play on arcade mode I dont get any crashes or I have not yet.. so maybe this is a good way to play (Before it was on realistic) and got interface / unknown ability/stat or something other bugs and crashed to desktop

Which interface are you using? The blue one or the brown one? I remember that one of them can cause problems.

The "mystery island" ships aren't necessarily Tier 1 ships; they're just not available elsewhere. Regular shipyards in big towns can sell regular Tier 1 ships at times.

it doesnt matter if you change encounter option in advanced sections. Even if you are lvl 50 and have tier 1 ships, you will barely meet man'o'war ships..maybe 1 out of 40 encounters. It's sad, I know. Wish it was tougher

Btw. Where is the mystery island? And where is the well known island with the well known tavern?

thank you. I found all ships now, still no tier 1 ships spawn.

Ships w/ steam are bugged though. I can't activate their engines and those engines look somewhat odd. Their textures are not realistic.

Any other ship works fine, is also awesome. That Chinese ship is a success also.

I suggest everyone to get War Galleon, Endevour, BP and FD

For controlling steam frigates' engines:
Press Numpad [+] to increase engine power and Numpad [-] to decrease engine power. Numpad [*] sets power to zero

Also note:
Engine requires fuel (planks), and loses efficiency based on hull damage.

those engines look somewhat odd. Their textures are not realistic.
Care to explain? What makes them unrealistic?

Back