• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is that possible to connect ERAs2 Maelstorm engine with steam COAS version?

ChezjFey would certainly know such a thing.

I, however, doubt it's possible. First, there's no Age of Pirates 2/Seadogs: City of the Abandoned Ships version on Steam, as far as I know (it's only on a wishlist). There is a version of Age of Pirates: City of the Abandoned Ships on Steam, but if ChezJfey would create a steam version, he should incorporate Steam API, together with Steam DRM system into his executable. If in the version of so called “Maelstrom engine” (renamed Storm Engine!) there're no files with the names like steam_api.dll, steam_api.ini, steam_appid.txt, etc. in the folder with main executable file, I can assure you, that you can't integrate his work with Steam for the certainty of 99.9%.

Besides, shall he did it on Steam platform, he would most probably sell it through there, not on some itchio page. He, however, can't sell it on such an official platform, because his actions on earning money on that program raise suspicions.

Last edited:
Back