• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is there a nother way to get black perls?

Ivana

Powder Monkey
I'm doing the Flaying Dutchman quest (among others, basically I didn't do anything today cuz I can't understand most of the things I'm doing)! I've read that I should ask the governer of a random city for a quest and HOPE that I should get the one to defend the town from skeletons. Well I can't get the quest! I've been trying like 10 different towns, I've been in Spanish towns, French, English and Dutch but no luck so far! So is there any other way to get the black perls or am I stuck till I get lucky?? :shrug

I'm doing the Flaying Dutchman quest (among others, basically I didn't do anything today cuz I can't understand most of the things I'm doing)! I've read that I should ask the governer of a random city for a quest and HOPE that I should get the one to defend the town from skeletons. Well I can't get the quest! I've been trying like 10 different towns, I've been in Spanish towns, French, English and Dutch but no luck so far! So is there any other way to get the black perls or am I stuck till I get lucky?? :shrug

Been a long time since I did this quest last. Really fun one though. First off you should go to the taverns and ask all the locals about rumors. When they finally start talking about a ship that's been around since the time of Columbus that when sunk, the undead crew drags is back to shore and repairs it, you're on the right track. You need to wait for the message that basically says that it just got done raiding locally and was spotted right outside the harbor. When that occurs you will see it in world view. If you have ships and officers you care about, you should store them at the port controller, because you will lose them and everything you have stored on them. I usually buy a crappy tartane before I venture out of the harbor, because there is no way to defeat the Dutchman until you have the pearls.

Then you need to find whiteboy. Don't remeber where, but look through the threads/topics using whiteboy as your search. He will tell you to go find the 666 pearls. After that you must go the towns governors between the 10th and 20th of each month. When you see him, we will basically say help us the town is under attack. When you run out to help, you will find the garrison battling it out with skeletons. You and your officers will join in, and once you've killed them all, go around and collect up all the cursed pearls.

Once you have 666 pearls take them back to whiteboy and he will lift the curse making the Dutchman vulnerable so you can sink it or take it. I always take it. Have fun! :onya :keith

MK

Here you go bud.

1. drink in tavern, ask for tavern storys..

2. after few times, ull get a mesage, that it was in the port

3. go for it.....and ull get sunk, u lose everything and officers, so buy them tartans and give Trinkets to your offic. Leave tartans/luggers with offic in port control (ucan save only 3, i think...so plan this well)

4. After your "miracle" survival, u r on random island without money and ship, so go to neatest town and work, steal, etc to make some money and buy ship. go collect ur crew.

5. go to Amatice shore and way through jungle, past inca temple, to pearl coast settlement (i think u ll have to have spanish patent, or villagers will runaway), and talk with White Boy

6.go and collect 666 cursed pearls (have to ask governors of any nation to work for them, hopping ull get a mission to defend a town from skeletons)\

7. go to White Boy....

8.Go to tavern and drink until u get aright answer

9.go to sea, and try to capture it...U'll need a LARGE and STRONG ship and min 400-500 sea dogs soliders for it

Thank you guys! I've already did the part of the quest where you get sunk by the Dutchman twice, got the metal skeleton arm (Yes I bought a sh*ty ship but I didn't store any of my trinkets and I dind't loose any of them, just the money) and I found White Boy, the problem is I cant get the governors to give me the right mission! :shrug

Thank you guys! I've already did the part of the quest where you get sunk by the Dutchman twice, got the metal skeleton arm (Yes I bought a sh*ty ship but I didn't store any of my trinkets and I dind't loose any of them, just the money) and I found White Boy, the problem is I cant get the governors to give me the right mission! :shrug

You are asking the town governors between the 10th and 20th of each month right?

I've got a glitch that when your playing peterblood.
Or preventing Vilagger running or Guard attacking you.

This work for English and Any Type Of Country your in.

You have to head to Amitrace shores...
When you walk a path where this pop ups.

'' Destroy the Watch Post ''

You will see a man running towards a path leading to the village.
Even If you use a Spanish Flag.

You will still be attack by the village guards.

The glitch is this.

Use the Spanish Flag.
When you reach the path where you see a man watchpost run towards the village.

What you do is beat him to the village before he beats you to it.
If he reach the village before you.
Everyone will hide.

Reach the village before him.
Then once your there.
Wait for him to come in behind you.

he will say '' Damn it ! I should have killed you when i had the chance ''

Now the village guard will attack you.
Leave the village, Don't kill anyone or hurt anyone.
(If you have officer, Try not to bring them in, Dismiss your Fighter.)

Now enter the village again, Don't bump into any of the guard or get near to any guards.
As they are hostile to you.

Whiteboy will be standing just right infront of the Main Gate of the Village.
Talk to him.
Receive/Update Quest.
And Everyone in the Village are friendlies now.

And you are now moving freely inside the village.

=)

Once of Each Month between 10th and 20th.

Go to the Governer house. And accept a quest.
Like you used to accept from random quest he give.

But during 10th and 20th of each month.
He will say the Town is under attack by skeletons.

Kill them and get the Black Pearls.

An easy way to get them fast is this.

Find a short route between any Town where you can travel 1-3days between 10th and 20th.
If your English. You can get this much faster.
Before the 10th day of the month.

As an English Privateer.

Stay at Saint John's or CharelesTown.

during 10th day of the month.
Accept the governer quest of Skeleton attacking town.
If not on the 10th. it have to be the 11th or 12th day.

Do the Quest > Kill skeleton to get the pearl > and finish the quest.

Now head to your ship and move to the next town. You must travel at least 2-3days to each town before the end of the 20th.

Once you reach the town. accept the quest again from the governer.
Finish it. and travel again into another Town.

P.S
___

This only work ONCE in EACH town.
Going back and forth of the same town doesn't work.
But it will work again in the NEXT month.

My easiest route which takes up to 4-5 town is.

CharlesTown > Saint John's > Besse Terre > Bridge Town > Fort - De - France.

Doing this will get you around 200-300 Pearls a month.

You are asking the town governors between the 10th and 20th of each month right?

Yup that's what I was saying! between the 10th and 20th of each month! I must be doing something wrong! Maybe I skipped a part of the quest? I'll have to see what my last logbook entry is and post it so you guys can tell me if I'm missing something! :mm

Yup that's what I was saying! between the 10th and 20th of each month! I must be doing something wrong! Maybe I skipped a part of the quest? I'll have to see what my last logbook entry is and post it so you guys can tell me if I'm missing something! :mm

1st Part of the Quest.

Get Information from Drunkard, Ghost Stories about FlyFly Dutchman.

2nd Part of the Quest.

Talk to drunkard, he will tell you Dutchman is near the island.
See it for yourself, and get owned by the Flying Dutchman. Stranded on a Island where you have no money and dead crew and ships.

3rd Part of the Quest.

You then head to Amitrace Shores, Where you speak with Whiteboy. Whiteboy is goodboy. He tell you you about Dark Pearls. I mean Black... Pearls...

4th Part of the Quest.

Go to any Town during between the 10th and 20th. 10th - 20th only EACH month EACH town. you can't do this in the same Town twice. Except on the next month you can do this quest on the same town. but not Twice. Once per month on each town.
Kill the invading bones man. Skeletons to get Black Pearls.
Gather 666 of them.

5th Part of the Quest.

Go back to goodboy Whiteboy. He then tell you curse lifted ~

6th Part of the Quest.

Go to drunkards in any Tavern.
He then Tell you the Dutchman Ship is near the island.
Intercept and Destroy !
Or Take it.

7th Part of the Quest.

There's no more part here... You got the ship and ended the Quest. =)

I think I didn't miss any... Hope you know where you are now.

When you're heading to the village you need to save a couple screens before. This way when you fail to kill the guy running to warn the village, you can keep trying if you miss him. He's really fast and slippery - very hard to get. You must get him or whiteboy won't be there.

The spanish flag is a good idea. I've done the same thing, but the key is even if you don't have a Spanish flag to go straight to whiteboy. Save again before you go into the villiage.

MK

So I decided to do everything all over again couple of days ago and I did do something wrong indeed!! :facepalm You see, the first time I did this quest I went to see White Boy, talked and left but what I didn't know was that I should have talked to him twice, cuz the first time he doesn't say anything about the black pearls!! When you talk to him for the second time you get a loogbook update! :yes

So now I am the proud owner of the Flying Dutchman!!

I do have a question though, how do you find out that you need to see White Boy? If I didn't read the guide book I would have no idea I was supposed to look for this guy. Is that like a glitch in a game or does the guide skip a part of the quest that is irrelevant?

Back