• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

is there a way to change the stats of a weapon?

Zantozzzz

Landlubber
Hello I ask this because I have seen swords I like how they look but their attack stats are lower than my current weapon so I wanted to know if I could change the stats of those weapons. For example, my favorite weapon is the Flambard, I like how it looks but my actual weapon is the Falchion, so is there a way to make the falchion looks like the Flambard or is there a way to change the stats of the Flambard to make it just like the Falchion? I would like to know if you can do this with the pistols, I like how the Pepperbox looks like but it has less attack than the Beretta.

Have a look at PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c; in CoAS you might need to start a new game for your changes there to take effect.
If you've got the Combined Modpack, you can also try the Reinit button in the Options menu for the changes to take effect.

I checked that file in the items folder, the problem is that the weapons dont appear by the in-game name. I mean the weapons have names like Blade10. The only weapon I know is the Italian Sword its name is Blade15

Check if there is a RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\ItemsDescribe.txt file in CoAS.
That should contain the link between the ID (eg. "blade21") and the name (eg. "Falchion").

Another easy way to determine which weapon is which, take note of if it's light, medium, or heavy, the min/max damage, and the weight since those are all different for each weapon.
You can also create custom weapons if you like. For example, here's one I made using the existing guns to create a usable musket. Feel free to add this to your game if you want. You can play around with this to see how everything works. You can also give it to your character as a starting item so you don't have to wait to find it in-game.

Code:
	makeref(itm,Items[n]);
itm.id = "pistol9";  //øîòãàí
itm.groupID = GUN_ITEM_TYPE;
itm.name = "itmname_pistol7";
itm.describe = "itmdescr_questMushket";
itm.folder = "items";
itm.model = "mushket2x2";
itm.picIndex = 16;
itm.picTexture = "ITEMS_13";
itm.shown = 1;
itm.price = 250000;