• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is there a way to play multiplayer?

br3akth3w1nd

Landlubber
I am new for this game and I was wondering if there was a way to play thing game with other players. That would be really fun. I searched in the forum but I didnt find exactly HOW to play multiplayer :?

I am new for this game and I was wondering if there was a way to play thing game with other players. That would be really fun. I searched in the forum but I didnt find exactly HOW to play multiplayer :?
There's no multiplayer of AOP2. :no
There was in AOP1: very disappointing, I think.

There is some code left over hidden away, but even if we got it working, I think it connects to a master sever that would have to be run by Akella, and if it's not running, nothing we do to try to enable MP will work if there is no server.

There is some code left over hidden away, but even if we got it working, I think it connects to a master sever that would have to be run by Akella, and if it's not running, nothing we do to try to enable MP will work if there is no server.
Oh, very interesting, though. :shock
It seemed strange that AOP1 had the MP , not AOP2.

if you find it and activate it you can actually play with a program.. but i dont know whats name it is.. its more for cracked games so you can play online with ip search so someone needs to set up a game and put it in the game list and other ppl can play on it when you search ip or something i dont know actually but i think it can.. i shall ask my buddy if he still got that program :eek:k

You were able to get multi-player to work in AOP1? I remember trying and that it had the screen interface on the GUI, but I could never get it to work. One; there was no support behind it and two: even on my private LAN at home with 5 computers connected I couldn't get it working. Me and my friends and college aged sons play Medeival Total War II mods and Empire TW all the time, so it wasn't the LAN. When I querried the forum (different handle back in 2005) they told me it wasn't enabled. I always thought it was something they intended to do and just never finished it along with the dozens of other unfinished areas in that infamously buggy game. How did you get it to work? :shrug

MK

Do you know how much effort it would require to make a multiplayer mod if it doesnt have the basics set up?

Ummm... The basics are already there. And I know the multiplayer in AoP 1 worked. I've played multiplayer. But it was buggy.

I'd be willing to bet that with some work and the info we've recently gotten, getting the network code in CoAS working would be a good possibility, especially if we do a bit of research and have a look at what is missing compared to AoP

Cap'n Drow

So the basics are there, well in that case it would require a lot less work, but seeing how it isnt enabled would mean that it would indeed be very buggy :(

If the basics werent there I would say to give it up but with them there, there is a chance of getting it to work :yes

[quote name='Cap'n_Drow' timestamp='1271460737' post='365075']
Ummm... The basics are already there. And I know the multiplayer in AoP 1 worked. I've played multiplayer. But it was buggy.

...if we do a bit of research and have a look at what is missing compared to AoP

Cap'n Drow
[/quote]

Hi,

I up this topic cause I try to get CoaS a multiplayer game for friends. I checked AoP1, had to create new locator for a multiplayer button in main menu (it was missing, and now I get "net" interface) but after? Should I install Hamashi (or an other one)? How could I create a server (lan) and see if all is allright?

Any solution, or idea would be welcome.

Philippe.

Back