• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Is there anything in the settings that can makes blocking more like stock POTC

Ringwraith

Landlubber
Since I suck and get mauled to death if I fight more than 2 opponents at a time and I heard stock potc is easier

Last edited:
Blocking is exactly the same as stock PoTC - keep the "block" key pressed and hope the enemy doesn't manage to get through it! Be patient, the enemies don't precisely synchronise their attacks and each will be a little quicker or slower between attacks than the others. Wait until they've all attacked at the same time, then they're all recovering at the same time, and that's the time to make your own attack.

Having at least one officer with you can really help. Even if he doesn't kill any enemies, he can at least take some of the pressure off you. Make sure he's well equipped so that he isn't killed before you can finish your opponent. For preference, get a boatswain or master at arms as they're most likely to have decent fighting skill when you first recruit them.

Back