• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Issue boarding, unlock to next stage dissappears

Herrkurt

Landlubber
Note: Using the last release of GoF. I can't take my time looting a captain's chest or the bodies of enemy crew because the unlock symbol which signifies that ability to use spacebar to move to the next stage of capture vanishes after just a second or two. After it's gone I can't figure out a way of advancing the capture process. Am I missing something or is there some sort of fix?

Also I'm playing as Jack Aubrey and I desperately want to find an HMS Surprise. Am I right to assume that there is a chance of finding it in a pirate squadron? I saw a number of Sophie's among pirates when I was lower level. Also is it a rank 4 or 3 frigate? Worst case scenario is there a way I can cheat to give myself one?

As far as the HMS Surprise is concearned, I 've found it once being captained by pirates, but that was in GoF! 1.1. In GoF! 1.2, you can only find it by english. It's a class 4 ship.

You can set the Suprise to be the starting ship for Jack Aubrey to but the problem is if you start with a rank 3 or 4 frigate you are gonna have your stats lowered so you would also have to change the starting level and skills of jack aubrey to effectively command her from the start.Il check tonight,see if i know how to do this then il get back to you

Here I am thinking it would be spacebar or something in the enter menu. I'll try LMB next time I capture a ship.

At this point in the game I can captain a rank 4 ship with no penalties. Does that mean there is a chance of me finding a rank 4 ship like the Surprise in a shipyard? Would it have to be a British shipyard? I have often seen the Bounty and Edinbourgh Trader in British shipyards.

Thanks for the LMB info, works fine.

Still can't find an HMS Surprise and it is getting to the point where I will be able to command a 3 soon and won't even need one, except maybe as a chaser. In fact for the most part all I see is rank 7 and 6 ships in the shipyards, sometimes a rank 5. Not once have I seen a rank 4 for sale. Does doing the blueprints quest improve the quality of ships that can be found at a yard? Any tips on how to do it? I keep getting murdered pretty fast. Any yards tend to have better ships, i.e. Bermuda perhaps?

You are probably playing with realistic shipyards set on in mod options.This limits the rank of the ship you can buy in shipyards so i guess you are going to have to capture HMS Surprise to have her.Or you can start a new game with the surprise as a starting ship for Jack Aubrey but i havent found where do you need to edit the navigation skill so you can play without penalties ( editing the starting ship is real easy if you are interested )

Certainly interested. Don't remember seeing a selection for realistic shipyard settings but chances are I would have selected it.

i dont have acces to age of pirates folders right now but tommorow i will send you what you need to change to have suprise as a starting ship also but as i have told you i dont know where do you change the starting skills so you are going to sale her with a penalty until you have a 25 navigation skill

I can do trade hauls for a start to make a little money, grab a Sophie and then a Corvette before moving up to the Surprise. Anyone else notice the GoF Sophie has 18 rather than 14 guns? Also it should have chaser slots because in the books Jack is able to set up chasers when the need arises. If someone were ever to go back and edit it taking out 2 slots from both broadsides and putting them in the fore and aft positions would be more accurate. Also it has a massive hold for a rank 6 warship in that game.

OK here is what you need to do, go to the folder where you instaled the game default is C:program Files\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2 the open the PROGRAM folder then character folder, the open the RPGUTilite with Notepad there you will find this text in 9/10 of the text

{
case "Dep0":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_BlackPearl, true);
pchar.money = 25000;
break;
case "DavyJones":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_CursedDutchman, true);
pchar.money = 30000;
break;
case "luckyjack":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_SOPHIE, true);
break;
case "Norrington":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_SLOOPOFWAR, true);
break;
case "Pitt":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_CARAVELR, true);
pchar.money = 8000;
break;

Change this

case "luckyjack":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_SOPHIE, true);

Into this

case "luckyjack":
pchar.Ship.Type = GenerateShip(SHIP_SUPRISE, true);

and save the changes , start a new game

You can change the starting ship of any of those characters

You can find the list of ships in the Age of Pirates 2\PROGRAM\ships\ folder open the ships file with notepad then just copy the SHIP_NAMEOFTHESHIPYOUWANT and repeat the procedure above

Enyoy

Hello everyone!
Can you help me with the bug in the GOF mod on the ascold quest where I simply can't find the spanish list on the 2 (not 10 as the original) man-o-war ships? I board the ships and loot everything possible but it is just not there.

Hello everyone!
Can you help me with the bug in the GOF mod on the ascold quest where I simply can't find the spanish list on the 2 (not 10 as the original) man-o-war ships? I board the ships and loot everything possible but it is just not there.

If you are really stuck - and have the cheat mode enables. --- >>> haw to enable cheat mode in this post --->>> http://piratesahoy.net/threads/rean...w-in-german-and-uk-version.13297/#post-320074

Then:

Press F11 to open cheat screen
Click on Installations button ( bottom right )
Click on Beta Test mode ( puts green tick next to it )
Then exit using X at top right.

Now go to any Stall holder - they will have all the quest items for you to purchase - buy the one you need.
( I don't think the Store - Merchants have this it is just the street stall holders )

:doff

Lesson. Don't copy and paste without looking. You left out an R in the ship name and I didn't notice for 15 minutes.

If you are really stuck - and have the cheat mode enables. --- >>> haw to enable cheat mode in this post --->>> http://piratesahoy.net/threads/rean...w-in-german-and-uk-version.13297/#post-320074

Then:

Press F11 to open cheat screen
Click on Installations button ( bottom right )
Click on Beta Test mode ( puts green tick next to it )
Then exit using X at top right.

Now go to any Stall holder - they will have all the quest items for you to purchase - buy the one you need.
( I don't think the Store - Merchants have this it is just the street stall holders )

:doff

:bounce It worked! Thank you very much!:cheers

HMS Surprise is a VERY detailed ship, actully the one with the greatest model size I think.
So, although it's very beautiful ship you must have a very good graphics card to handle it properly.
(I don't get crashes from this ship though, if I remember correctly, just lag.)

My computer is a mid-grade plus gaming machine assembled only 7 months ago. Never have any lag, just these sudden crashes. Also they continue to happen off the ship or when using a different ship with Surprise in storage.

Herrkrt, I'm sorry to say that the latest version of GOF definitely has stability issues. We knew that when we released it. One of the primary GOF coders left us in mid stream and a lot of his changes were not fully documented, left behind without being properly tested or were unfinished.

It was a hard call to release, but the community was crying for it and the few modders we had working on it were all sick to death of it. So that's why we released it beta when we did.

I am happy to say that my Eras mods are based on an earlier experimental version of GOF that had none of the newer code put in so it is much more stable. I am looking at a mid to late July beta release.

MK

Even though I have an old computer, the game rarely crashes... I've even played for 5 hours without a crash. I've also noticed it only crashes while at sea, so I assume there might be some problems with porting some ships?

Back