• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Issue boarding, unlock to next stage dissappears

My experience has been good stability on land. It only crashes at sea and in battles mainly when model box size values are violated. This happens especially when masts pop off because they violate that box value and their weight is accounted for causing the ship to rise up in the water a little. That action seems to confuse things causing sudden changes "spikes" in graphics resources: CRASH.

You'll notice that none of the Stock COAS models crash the game - ONLY ported models. By modifying the Subsea numbers, weight numbers, and waterline numbers, I have noticed much more stability in sea battles. I'm hoping to totally figure this out after a while. I still have a couple of ships crashing the game even with heavily modified numbers.

MK

I must say that I've never played the vanilla game before (cause I got this game just for the mod), and now this makes me want to try out the vanilla. But I won't.

If you haven't tried vanilla, you should at least play the main quest line on it. Its not bad. However, the CMV mods and GOF make it into a whole new very immersive game. Don't get discouraged. We will sort out the bugs. We always do. Sometimes it takes a while. Unfortunately there are just a few of us still working on this game. Officerpuppy calls us the "Band of Brothers" because we stay engaged. Its like we are addicted and can't stop playing/modding it.

MK

Main quest line? Isn't that in GoF! mod? You mean the CoAS quest?
Anyway, it's good to hear that there are still people modding it!

Surprise's deck is like this deck in 32 Gun Frigate. That's true that it's really refined ship, but when I set Surprise as the first ship of Aubrey, after saving the named of class changed from Surprise to Light frigate. It's really good ship, but at the beggining is too big and too strong. I changed it for 32 Gun frigate.

After over 10 hours I've been trying to find that ship and I hope I'll find it and everything will be good.
To be honest I've never met this ship class on sea. Really often I meet 4th,3rd,2nd,1st classes, but no suprprise.

Back