• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I've finally managed to make my first Mod!

Sirus_Darke

Landlubber
I've finally managed to make a very small mod of my own.
It's small but could be very useful ;)

Basically it adds some extra functionality to `Stone-D`'s Sell All Loot mod that is included in the Build.

What I've added is some code that will also sell all unequipped weapons that you are carrying.
So if you have got dozens of bad quality weapons that you don't want you can sell them all with a single click of the mouse on the Sell All Loot button when trading.
Unfortunately the code is a bit cumbersome so there might be a very small delay whenever you go into the trading interface.

I have also modified it so that any jewelry that you have got that gives you a stat increase, like the lucky ring for example, is not counted as loot and won't be sold when you press the Sell All Loot button.

I've put it up on the PiratesAhoy FTP site which can be accessed here:
ftp.piratesahoy.net
user: files@piratesahoy.net
pass: piratesahoy

It is the Zip file called `SD-Sell` all weapons.zip

Installation
All you have to do is unzip both files into the PROGRAMINTERFACE folder of your POTC game making sure that they overwrite the existing files.
The itemstrade.bak file is a backup of the original so if you want to remove this mod or if it gives you problems just go back into the folder and delete the itemstrade.c file and rename the itemstrade.bak file to itemstrade.c

If you do find a problem with this or if you see that I have missed off a weapon or some piece of jewelry let me know.

Arrr! Good werk thar, Sirus_Darke! :yes Dat lil' mod'fication 'twil reduce some o' de tedium o' cleaning out yer closet o' all dem unneeded weapons! ;)

Congratulations, any mod that makes more time for plundering, and cuts down on the time I have to spend dealing with it, is brilliant idea in my book. I'll have to try this out.

;)

;)WOW! :yes

That's great, Sirus! I have often opined that there were WAAAAAY too many old useless swords to be found and had in this game and that it made going to a merchant to unload them quite tedious.

YOU have made this MUCH BETTER, and I salute you! :cheers :cheers :bow

Thank you! :bow

Thanks Sirus, let me join in and say this is a great mod, one ive always said to myself..i wish i could do this

Aww shucks :d::

I originally only modifed the jewelry items as I got fed up of buying back the magic stat increasing items and didn't like having to buy them back. So it started becasue I'm so tight fisted :d:

Heh... I know what you mean, Sirus! I can't sell a "fine" weapon (if it's a really decent one, that is) and so I've got about eight FINE Scrapper Pistols, 5 FINE Cardinal's Guards, 3 FINE Atwood `F-100`'s, &tc... I figure I can hire up some cannon fodder and be decent enough to give 'em a good sword and pistol to die with, LOL!!!

It's amazing how much that chest in my cabin will hold! :d:

You know, I didn't realize it until now..but I named a saber after the Hun.
Heh. That has more puns than I intended...

Sirus_Darke: Ah, was wondering about that. Yeah, that's a good thing.
Actually, you can if you like do the following:
include jewelry too, but add a check
if(CheckAttribute(item.skill)) continue; to skip that item
And then it will only sell jewelry that doesn't affect skills.

But...your mod. :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->But...your mod. :cheers[/quote]

It ROCKS!!!! :)

Ok cool, I never liked the "Sell all Loot" for these reasons:

1. I tend to hang on to a few good swords and guns so that I can equip new officers

2. I keep a defensive sword in case I come up against alot of nasties (though without skeletons I guess this may be obsolete)

3. I like the gems such as the rings, emeralds, diamonds, etc, (Hell, I'm a pirate, I like shiny things :cheers ) but sell the crappy artwork things like that stupid cow with a handle, for example :)

4. I have tons of those stat altering gems, (Nice to see that Sirus fixed this one though, cheers Sirus!)

What I think would be the best solution is if you had two inventories, one for all the stuff you want to keep, and a second one for everything you pick up. Then you could just click an arrow to move stuff you want to keep in the second list up to the first, and all the crap that's left over you can sell all loot.

My two piasters worth :)

Thanks for that suggestion NK, I might add it onto the next version but not for things like the sapphire as it only reduces a stat.
That way in the future if someone adds a stat increase to a piece of jewelry or other object then this wouldn't have to be modifed to take that into account.

I also want to go through the other loot and add checks for the other meaningless objects that aren't worth much.
Also possibly add comments to the file so that other people can modify it so that they can sell and keep what ever they want.

Admiral8Q,
Having two inventories is way beyond my skills and might not even be possible. If it is the it may also have even more "housekeeping" when you're trying to sort out what you want to keep and what you want to sell.
When I modify it so that it adds a description then you can always change it so that the second sword that you have isn't sold.

Admiral8Q,
Having two inventories is way beyond my skills and might not even be possible. If it is the it may also have even more "housekeeping" when you're trying to sort out what you want to keep and what you want to sell.
When I modify it so that it adds a description then you can always change it so that the second sword that you have isn't sold.[/quote]

Yeah I figured so maybe you should make it the last 4 swords and guns don't get sold as well as any jewlery. Well selling off mosaics and `cow-a`-`la-stick` are easy manualy, but the millions of swords would be nice to sell all at once :cheers

Like I said, I enjoy hanging on to the jems and rings :)

That actually proved useful the first time I played when I ended up whithout my ships on the island with no gold (the part of the quest with the storm), I sold off my jems and had a grand time then I found out all you have to do is fight that pirate captain to gain a ship :)

It's fairly easy to change it to keep any Fine quality swords that you want as the code checks each quality of each weapon separately.
It may be possible to add a global in the BuildSettings.h file that you can set to sell everything or to keep some or all of the Fine quality weapons.

I notice that there is also an Excellent quality in the code, but it looks like it has been disabled.
Perhaps this can be used to generate some special quest weapons that are far superior to anything else that you can find or buy.

Perhaps it has been impletented but the code has disbaled it from being sold and found in random loot or on dead bodies, so it looks like unless the code specifies that it is an Excellent weapon then there is no way to get hold of them.

I suspect that Scheffnow and/or the other modders have got plans for the Excellent quality swords.
I might even try to tweak Toff's quest to see if I can get him to give you an Excellent Saber of Nicholas Sharp when you complete his quest just to see if it works and what differences there is from Fine to Excellent qualities of weapons.

SD: great mod and a big help. I like the thinking about allow you to keep the fine weapons. You mihght the good ones too. Something like"sell all weapons average or below. Y N ? "

Anyway great job

Jason

:p::

At the moment it will sell every type and quality of blade and pistol that you don't have equipped.
For example if you have got a 3 Good Sabers in your inventory and you have one of them equipped then it will sell all other blades except those 3 Good Sabers.

Next weekend I'll try to workout a couple of defines in BuildSettings.h that will let you chose what levels of swords you want to sell. I want to keep these to a minimum, possibly 2 or 3 and another one for jewelry and/or other loot.

Back