• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Jack Sparrow - Relations Throughout Storyline (including turning PIRATE!)

It is right at the end of Sao Feng's quest - return Body guards to Sao Feng then walk back through Grand Turk & Teague walks up and talks to you and gives you the"Piece of Eight"
Ah, thanks! Then if you can't START the quest without being in the Pirate Brotherhood anymore, I don't need to change anything else for this. :cheeky

If anyone starts a New Game on Jack Sparrow some time soon, be sure to keep an eye on this one!
I'd like to know if any further tweaks are desired.

:ahoy

Did a Jump Start - to Beckett burning Wicked Wench / Meet Davy Jones

Refused Davy's offer and sailed away in my little Tartane :D

Went to Cozumel and met Davy Again and decided to accept offer - got Black Pearl --- All of this is working OK. :onya

Small Problem when I met Davy for the first time and refused his offer ( at Far Beach ) - sailed away in my little Tartane - into the FOG :eek: - ( see Image - this is the middle of the night:rofl ) - If you accept Davy's offer you sail away with Black Pearl on a reasonably clear night.

:drunk

Attachments

• PotC JS Davy FOG.jpg
    PotC JS Davy FOG.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 144
Is that new? I tested that scene when I was making the required changes but it didn't seem quite that crazy.
Of course that scene DOES make use of my special "Super Fog" where I may have gone a little bit overboard with the numbers.
The intention was to have it so foggy that it might be considered close to a "dream" sequence so that Jack may wonder if it was even actually real.
I'm not sure it quite pulls that one off....

Is that new? I tested that scene when I was making the required changes but it didn't seem quite that crazy.
Of course that scene DOES make use of my special "Super Fog" where I may have gone a little bit overboard with the numbers.
The intention was to have it so foggy that it might be considered close to a "dream" sequence so that Jack may wonder if it was even actually real.

I thought it was tried for both -( accepting Davy's offer & rejecting it ) and it was decided that the fog was a bit excessive. Therefore I thought that the accepting Davy's offer (getting the Black Pearl ) had had the Fog removed, ( which it has) but this was missed with the rejecting Davy's offer option.

:yes - also it is very strange to go from a beach at night to 'Total Whiteness'

Slight understatement there :p - the current "Super Fog" makes it impossible to sail in 3-D mode. :yes. You can't even see your own ship :D

Save attached is just after refusing Davy's offer - about to board my Tartane

:drunk

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados. Far Beach. June 10th, 1740.7z
    447.8 KB · Views: 121
The "Super Fog" gets started for the storm scene; it is then set to "Heavy Fog" when you get the cursed Black Pearl.
This is probably because "Super Fog" at sea is a bit overkill.

However, that change apparently does NOT take effect if you decline Davy's offer.
In PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\Davy Jones_dialog.c add the line marked PB to fix:
Code:
    case "ForDavyJones8":
       dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[52];
       link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[53];
       link.l1.go = "ForDavyJones10";
       SetShipRemovable(pchar, true);
       GiveShip2Character(pchar, "Tartane1", "What Luck",-1,ENGLAND,true,true);
       SetCharacterShipLocation(pchar, "Oxbay_shore_01");
       EnableEquip(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE, true);
       EnableEquip(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE, true);
       EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, FindCharacterItemByGroup(pchar, BLADE_ITEM_TYPE));
       EquipCharacterByItem(pchar, FindCharacterItemByGroup(pchar, GUN_ITEM_TYPE));
       AddCharacterGoods(pchar, GOOD_WHEAT, 2);
       AddCharacterGoods(pchar, GOOD_RUM, 2);
       AddMoneyToCharacter(pchar, 100);
       SetNextWeather("Heavy Fog"); // PB
       break;
I think that should do it. Thanks for catching! :cheers

Calling this one Fixed. Further feedback needed before any more changes are to be made.

Back