• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Jack Sparrow - Sao Feng -Crimson Blood Capture

I'm using the beta 4 from October 8th.
It could be that I did that particular fix after the 8 October version.
You could try the current version, though new game is required.

There are still another issue in that part of the game though; I still have to find the time to play through it myself and fix it all.

Well, I finally managed to get it to the point that you CAN actually finish the quest by capturing the Crimson Blood.

Made some last changes to hopefully DO show De Masse sailing away and get Jack to actually mention the correct ship's name, but didn't test that.
Still definitely some rough edges left though, so it could use some further touch-up later.

While I wouldn't object to someone double-checking this, I'm calling this "Fixed" for now.

:ahoy

Captured the Crimson Blood & made De Masse the captain -- all OK :onya

Put The San Juan Priest back OK & sailed to Port Royale and talked to Farther Bernard -all OK.

Exit Port Royale church and go to Port - ( fast travel or Walk) - in Port - talk to self - De Masse steals his ship -- all OK.

Then try to board my ship -- loading screen -then Black Screen then placed at Port Gates - all ships in Port Royale Harbour are gone :shock - Black Pearl ( my ship) - is wrecked on the shore :(- at least the wreck looks like the Pearl & De Masse is standing on the end of the jetty looking all innocent - tried talking to him but he has nothing to say.

All I can say is if this is how he thanks me for saving his life and helping him kill all the Bad guys - then the next time he can do it all by himself :walkplank

:rofl:rofl:rofl

see images

Save is in Port Royale church -- about to go to the Port

:drunk

Attachments

• PotC JS SFENG De Masse Thief_1.jpg
    PotC JS SFENG De Masse Thief_1.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 88
  • PotC JS SFENG De Masse Thief_2.jpg
    PotC JS SFENG De Masse Thief_2.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 97
  • error.log
    11.6 KB · Views: 78
  • compile.log
    118.7 KB · Views: 89
  • system.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 84
  • -=Player=- Jamaica.7z
    566.3 KB · Views: 86
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: MAXIMUS_Functions.c; line: 2299
Invalid function call
RUNTIME ERROR - file: MAXIMUS_Functions.c; line: 2299
function 'WriteAdditionalLocators' stack error

@Pieter Boelen any idea why these happen?

At the moment I have no clue. I'll check it out soon.

There is of course the rather weird trick to swap the cursed ship.
There can be only one in the game, so there is a call to reinitialize the ships somewhere around that point.
Haven't tested that in a while.

Investigating this one now.
While I am doing plenty testing, I haven't actually been able to replicate the original report by @Talisman.
I am still rewriting it though because the code is convoluted and doesn't actually do what it was once meant to do.

Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\quests to fix.

This works from @Talisman's savegame, but for the full effect, you should execute these lines through console before getting to the port:
Code:
   characters[GetCharacterIndex("Jaoquin de masse")].Flags.Personal = 6;
   characters[GetCharacterIndex("Jaoquin de masse")].Flags.Personal.texture = 3;
   characters[GetCharacterIndex("Jaoquin de masse")].nation = PERSONAL_NATION;
   characters[GetCharacterIndex("Jaoquin de masse")].sailaway = true;
It is so much more fun now that this seems to be behaving itself again! :cheeky
While this does work if you Fast Travel to port, I highly recommend walking instead for added hilarity. :wp

You can also use either of these two additional lines to test this on Jamaica's two shores, where it works too:
Code:
//   PlaceFleetNearShore("Redmond_Shore_01");
//   DoQuestReloadToLocation("Redmond_Shore_01", "reload", "reload2", "Jaoquin_sails1");

PlaceFleetNearShore("Redmond_Shore_02");
   DoQuestReloadToLocation("Redmond_Shore_02", "reload", "reload2", "Jaoquin_sails2");

Who sees what there is to be seen here?
upload_2015-11-14_23-5-12.png

:cheeky :cheeky :cheeky

Attachments

• both_reaction.zip
    24.5 KB · Views: 85
:ahoy

Played through to end - Capt Teague giving Piece of eight - All Works :onya :bow

just got these errors in the error.log

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\Sao Feng_dialog.c; line: 81
missed attribute: animists
no rAP data

system & compile logs attached for info.

:drunk

Attachments

• compile.log
    20 KB · Views: 84
  • system.log
    9.6 KB · Views: 91
So did you run all the way down the stairs while watching the Crimson Blood sailing away? Pretty cool, no? :cheeky

The only thing left to try is to take the Crimson Blood as the player ship yourself.
Then the whole story afterwards should play as "The Curse of the Crimson Blood" instead of the "Black Pearl".
But that can be done later. At least this is finally PLAYABLE! Therefore.... "Fixed" it is. :dance

just got these errors in the error.log

Code:
missed attribute: animists
no rAP data
That is this line in his dialog file:
Code:
if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "completed") && npchar.quest.ANIMISTS !="completed" && iTest < QUEST_COUNTER)
I think replacing that line with this one should prevent that error log:
Code:
if (CheckQuestAttribute("ANIMISTS", "completed") && GetAttribute(npchar, "quest.ANIMISTS") != "completed" && iTest < QUEST_COUNTER)
Looks like that one would apply to the regular version of the sidequest too.
It appears to be meant to prevent you from finishing the same quest several times.

Back