• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Jack Sparrow Storyline: Shaypen doesn't show up on jetty...

I don't even remember that problem existing at all. That simply shouldn't happen.
It should either be completely random or linked to very specific acts (or lack thereof) that break it.

I thought it was why you put this at the end of all the quests_reaction.c & both_reaction.c files

Code:
  PChar.questnotfound = true; // PB: Testing

Or am I thinking of something else :unsure

:cheers

It is obvious that some random player who installs this Mod will do various things between the main quests. I did a lot of side quests when I had the previous version (from 19th November if I remember right) cause I wanted to level my hero. If those things affect the main storyline, than it means you have to have look into it. From what I recall, POTC and Sea Dogs didn't have any problems with the main storyline, even if you did some free play?

It is obvious that some random player who installs this Mod will do various things between the main quests. I did a lot of side quests when I had the previous version (from 19th November if I remember right) cause I wanted to level my hero. If those things affect the main storyline, than it means you have to have look into it. From what I recall, POTC and Sea Dogs didn't have any problems with the main storyline, even if you did some free play?
it shouldn't cause any problems. We are still trying to figure out what happened.

@Talisman: There used to indeed be a problem with quest cases randomly not being found even when the code was completely correct.
And then from a previous save, it would suddenly work.
I think that was because the game would 'lose' the link to the actual quest file due to the Storylines.

I fixed that years back and that was indeed the reason for that extra error checking.
Technically it still does happen but the game now immediately reloads the needed file and as player you no longer notice it at all.

I reinstalled the game and started over for the 4th time, and this time Shaypen appeared on jetty. Just to add that I installed Windows 7 now, but I don't believe that the operating system version could have anything to do with this...

No, don't think so. Probably somewhat unreliable quest coding.

@Talisman and/or @Mirsaneli: Did either of you ever get through that part of the story properly?

My first impression is that it could have failed here:
Code:
     case "Brin_leaves":
       LAi_ActorGoToLocation(characterFromID("John Clifford Brin"), "reload", "reload3", "none", "", "", "Brin_leaves2", 10.0);
     break;

case "Brin_leaves2":
       Pchar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
       Pchar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition.l1.location = "Oxbay_port";
       Pchar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition = "Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay";
     break;
If the quest case never gets set, then the quest will not continue either.
The way that is coded, if YOU leave BEFORE Brin does, the storyline breaks.
@Mirsaneli, do you reckon you might have left very quickly at that point?

I think condensing both quest cases into one cannot do any harm and should make this more reliable:
Code:
    case "Brin_leaves":
       LAi_ActorGoToLocation(characterFromID("John Clifford Brin"), "reload", "reload3", "none", "", "", "", 10.0);
       Pchar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       PChar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
       Pchar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition.l1.location = "Oxbay_port";
       Pchar.quest.Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay.win_condition = "Bye_Shaypen_Oxbay";
     break;

@Talisman and/or @Mirsaneli: Did either of you ever get through that part of the story properly?
[...]
The way that is coded, if YOU leave BEFORE Brin does, the storyline breaks.
@Mirsaneli, do you reckon you might have left very quickly at that point?
@Mirsaneli or @Talisman: Would you be able to confirm that?
If not, I'll mark this as "Fixed" anyway as there isn't much else to be done. :facepalm

Back