• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug JRH Part 2- Health bug

FrozenHeart

Freebooter
MERRY CHRISTMAS :ahoy

Playing Woodes Rogers-Part 2. First 2 mission completed without any problem :onya

Playing mission 3 - Israel Hands.

Meet with Israel Hands. He is at level 7 but only with 38 HP. Seems odd to me. He is Immortal for now. Reputation 'Bloody terror' (officer with such reputation :shock) But problem starts from when talking with Israel Hand and after the 'cinematic play' with Tech.

NOTE: Howard Pyle is at level 10 & health 145. And before reaching Antigua.

First problem:
After the cinematic play as Israel Hand, Howard Pyle's HP goes down to 1 :shock. So I played is again. This time waited for little longer between conversation with Tech, Bonet & Hand. So Hand can recover health(actually Howard) and it works. After cinematic play Pyle back to his original health. But to over come this bug have to wait longer than usual after Tech shoot Hand.

Second problem:
Howard Pyle is at level 10 & health 145. And very close to level 11. So I decided to level him up. After a fight with highway bandits Pyle reached level 11 BUT his health was not going up. Was still at 145 instead of 154/155. :(

Third problem:
Tried to change the role of Hands as Navigator as Pyle dont have any officer yet. But doing so Hand's health goes down to 28 from 38(-10).

* I did not uploaded any save game. Make me know which save game file needed. There was no error log.

Attachments

• compile.log
    110.5 KB · Views: 165
  • system.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 174
I'll look at it all. :yes

But I can already now say that you don't have to bother at all with Hands (or any
other quest given officers). They will be immortal for the story. :pirates

Also I have not meant that you should have to do a lot of 'normal'/extra adventures to level up. What you need for the
adventure you'll find.:treasure:

you don't have to bother at all with Hands (or any
other quest given officers)

Will not.
Need to do some side mission like cargo run to earn some money to pay the crew. And Pyle will automatically level up.
Now close to level 11 (around 2000xp left to level up).

Mission 3(Israel Hands) is completed without any error.

Double checked after mission 3. Pyle HP not going up.
Going ahead with mission 4.

Also no one has any face texture. All blank. System log says unable to load texture.

Last edited:
Can you please pass the solution of second problem?
During sea voyage from Antigua to Cayman Pyle level up.
And now at level 11 with previous level 10 HP which is 145 :(

Mission 4 completed without any error :onya

About 3rd problem, tried to appointed Caesar as 1st mate and his HP goes up to 53 from previous 46 (+7).

Do you mean the talking heads or the portrait icons?
And who exactly are all?

Portrait icons. Hands, Pell, Grandma Rogers(part 1), Claire, De foe( in part2) and some others. Cant remember all.
Except Caesar. In characters window Hands, Pell has blank portrait.

I'm not sure the level up problem (second) or the changing roles of officers (third) are WoodesRogers2 related.

Mission 4 completed without any error
Good to hear. :onya Now you've played about 46%.

I'll look into the character icons situation now. :type1

Mission 5 completed.
There is no outfit upgrade found in the chest (as of walk through).
That long rifle is great. Sad that could not be in use much.

How to get ride of 'Incense', 'Myrrh', 'Red wine bottle' and such of these items?
Cant store them. Some quest related blades too.

Previously found out delivering cargo to Pirates settlement is not possible. Its for the shop owner's name. Normally Kate and here Peter. Mismatching.

Mission 5 completed.
:onya 66%

You should not get rid of 'Incense' and 'Myrrh'! They will certainly be used later.
Red wine should be able to use as any health potion bottle.
Cant store them. Some quest related blades too.
I guess it's Rogers's officers blades. How many do you have?

There is no outfit upgrade found in the chest (as of walk through).
I think it's right if you now have the belt (visible on Pyle). (as the 6th outfit upgrade)

Peter Blowhorn was the original storeowner. At the time when I made that part.
Maybe it's possible to fix that cargo bug. But again my quest(s) shouldn't need so much
of the normal POTC activity for the player.

You should not get rid of 'Incense' and 'Myrrh'! They will certainly be used later.

Dont know that. Only have 1 Myrrh. Did not take the one which was in Roger's farmhouse! Have 6 Incense though.

I guess it's Rogers's officers blades. How many do you have?

4 of them. One of them was found in Roger's dead body I think. Pyle did not decided to keep it when option was given by the end of part 1. But how the officers got it!

I think it's right if you now have the belt (visible on Pyle). (as the 6th outfit upgrade)

Then ok. Walk through says there is one in the ship chest of that sloop.

Last edited:
Walk through says there is one in the ship chest of that sloop.
This happens because you can play the 4 main parts in any order. And the last upgrade
will be the belt and not clothes.

Dont know that. Only have 1 Myrrh.
As there was a misunderstanding put this in your console.c just before the first switch
Code:
TakeNItems(Pchar,"myrrh", 1);
and press F12.

I am in last phase.
But unable to mix Pulvis Solaris and Liquor Hepatis.
It seems to be deadlock.
Whenever try to mix them got two message '...need small table' and '...only need half of that'.
Tried to do at small table but character would not mixing the other one with it.

Both are full big bottles. And that's the problem.

1 Take one of them and get rid of half in a small bottle. (at the small table)
2 Now you can place the half-filled big bottle at the big bottle table.
3 Last fill up that bottle with the other ingredient.:drunk

I guess you played it through without any jump starts. If so did you have any use for the 12
highlander blades and the 12 grapeshot pistols in the wall locker in the sloop cabin?
Did they show up?

If so did you have any use for the 12
highlander blades and the 12 grapeshot pistols in the wall locker in the sloop cabin?

No I did not saw them.
I used that wall locker at least two times(to rearrange inventory) during my play and of course no jump starts there.

Peter Blowhorn was the original storeowner. At the time when I made that part.
Maybe it's possible to fix that cargo bug. But again my quest(s) shouldn't need so much
of the normal POTC activity for the player.
Part of the problem is that "Peter Blowhorn_dialog.c" does not seem to have the code for cargo quests. (It also seems to have incomplete code for the "Nigel Blythe" sidequest.)

I wonder if the solution could be as simple as, somewhere in "quests_reaction.c", put this when you've finished with Peter Blowhorn:
Code:
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Peter Blowhorn")].Dialog.Filename = "Kate Blowhorn_dialog.c";
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Peter Blowhorn")].Dialog.Currentnode = "First time";
And possibly in "StartStoryline.c":
Code:
Stores[PIRATES_STORE].owner = "Peter Blowhorn";
... to make sure the game knows who is supposed to be in that store.

Yes I have fixed those missing portraits and also a lot of other things. I'm playing through everything
(part1 & 2) for a second time now.

I'll try the Blowhorn fix. Thanks for that!:onya

Last edited:
Back