• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Just Remember

SuoiveD

Aussie Pirate
Storm Modder
One thing we all need to remember with POTC or any game for that matter is that it is a game we play for fun. The more we try to make a game historically correct or try to make it more ' Real ' the more we take the fun out of a game.

<b><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Frankly if you want realism, get away from your computer and walk outside... <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b>

This post isn't directed at anyone in particular, so if you think I'm aiming a broadside at you then you need to have another look cause that is a misconception on your part.

I was being constructive, what I posted has been mentioned by quite a few over the yrs & the same thing was said back when SeaDogs was being Modded. There will always be some people that want a game to be more " Real ", but the more Realism you try to put into a game the less fun that game becomes. like I said <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->if you want realism, get away from your computer and walk outside... <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

A game is fun when when you can tweak different Mods & do insane stuff that isn't possible in real life or isn't historically correct but it's only a game.
If you look back to when POTC 1st came out there were posts from others that felt the same & said the same thing as I have said.

If we want to be historically correct we have the fastest cannon reload time at 2 min, or fire & forget pistols whilst fighting ( it wasn't possible to reload a pistol while having a swordfight ).
The list goes on with what is in the game & what is historically correct. I've even seen posts from modders where they have might not have worded it the same as me but the message they portray is the same.

I agree with SouiveD that whatever we do to the game, the most important aspect is that it will remain a fun game. On the other hand, it is possible to make a game that works well gameplay-wise and is totally and utterly unrealistic, but that isn't what we want either, is it? The best way (and the hardest one) is to try and balance the gameplay with the realism. Realism doesn't nescessarily mean bad gameplay. And a fun game doesn't nescessarily have to be completely unrealistic.

I personally think that we should keep gameplay as number 1 priority, but we can look at realism for suggestions on how to make the gameplay work in the most interesting and fun way. The end result should be a game that is fun to play and that feels realistic. That doesn't nescessarily mean that it has to be realistic, but there does need to be a good sense of realism.

Back