• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Kartuga Engineer Class Revealed!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
Today InnoGames introduced the Engineer – the second of three pirate classes to be announced in the upcoming Action-MMOG Kartuga. The resourceful ship can quickly turn the tides of battle, utilizing its impressive arsenal. The Engineer has a multitude of tools at hand - Repair Crates, helpful Drones and Buoys – to threaten foes and support teammates. A video has also just been released detailing the benefits of the Engineer.

Her variety of buffs and healing skills make the Engineer the perfect supporting class for each team – but she’s also tricky in her use of tools and can definitely hold her own against foes. Like the other classes, the Engineer has a skill tree branching out in three directions, which can be freely combined while leveling up. With the Engineer, those builds are called Buoy Master, Atlanticus and Tinker. The Buoy Master specializes in the use of buoys to control the flow of the battlefield, supporting teammates and attacking at the same time. The Tinker is an expert at debuffing enemy skills, while the Atlanticus build is ideal to repair allies and control enemy crowds.

Kartuga is an Action-MMO with RPG-elements. The 3D pirate game invites players to choose from three ship classes, and developing their unique play style by leveling up and combining various skills and equipment. Core of the game, developed by Ticking Bomb Games, is cooperative PvP. Players challenge each other in teams of four in intense, fast-paced matches. Aside from the Engineer, Kartuga offers a Destroyer and a Protector Class.Closed beta is planned for early 2013. On www.kartuga.com, players can already pre-register.
With more than 100 million registered players, InnoGames is one of the world's leading developers and providers of online games. The Hamburg-based company has scored major successes with games such as Tribal Wars, Forge of Empires and Grepolis.

Attachments

• Kartuga_Logo.png
    Kartuga_Logo.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 19
Back in the days I think developers created games based on their ideas as what a game should look and played like.
This era of game-making were pretty much like any other art. People wanted to create games just like how they envisioned, exactly the same ways as painters, song-writers etc..

Today games are being developed as how some people envision financial goals.
This-coupled with pre-planned control over as what gamers should like-turned the art of game-making to something that most of us older gamers wants to puke on.

The very same thing happened to journalism, television etc.
A couple of decades earlier these were tools to sell interesting stories to people who chose what to watch/read based on their own taste and availability.

Today it is nothing like that: we are given pre-generated stories, the freedom of choice disappeared, its either you part of it and use these chanells or not.
Its either you play these new "games" or not.

As Axl Rose wrote it:
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want: between selected lines."

The worst thing about this "evolving" game and media industry is that those who grow up in this era have nothing to compare literally. That is why you have games like MW milked to death and sold millions of copies worldwide.

Rant over..(*I pray to God that HOOCOTS is being developed quickly)

I couldn't agree more mates! I have been short on time lately and some of my posts have been just straight press release, like the one above. :wp

Back