• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Kill Sidonio Ogarrio

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
You're blown overboard by a storm, are washed ashore on Bonaire, and make your way to the piratre fort where you meet Anacleto Rui Sa Pinto. After you've Gervasio Serrao, Anacleto still won't make you an officer, so you decide to try your luck elsewhere. Wilfred Bythesea then gives you a ship on condition that you go to San Juan and kill Sidonio Ogarrio.

At present the quest to kill Sidonio Ogarrio quietly shuts down when you reach San Juan. How about letting the player fulfil his side of the bargain and kill Sidonio?

What I have in mind is:
  • Talking to Wilfred unlocks the door to Sidonio's house. The location is already defined, as is the character Sidonio Ogarrio, so it's simply a matter of cancelling the locator disable.
  • You can now talk to Sidonio Ogarrio and tell him you're here to settle Wilfred Bythesea's account. Sidonio tells you that Wilfred owes him a lot of money, to which you reply that Wilfred wants you to settle with steel rather than gold.
  • Sidonio summons bodyguards, who spawn in the room and attack you. The door is locked so you can't simply go straight out, then back in. When you kill Sidonio, the door is unlocked.
  • If you kill Sidonio, the questbook closes, though if you return to Bonaire pirate fort, Wilfred is still there and you can report back to him. If you can't be bothered killing Sidonio, the quest closes after three months and Wilfred disappears.
Any objections to this?

After accepting Wilfred Bythesea's offer, and after getting my ship and crew back, I went to see Sidonio Ogarrio:
sidonio_dialog1.jpg sidonio_dialog2.jpg sidonio_dialog3.jpg

Ogarrio called on his bodyguards (you can clearly see two; there's a third hidden by Ogarrio's chubby body):
sidonio_ambush.jpg

It didn't help him much:
sidonio_questbook.jpg

You don't have to do this right away. The quest stays active for three months, after which it quietly closes down. That gives you time to go to Cozumel, then back to Port Royale, and then back to San Juan. Or not, if you don't want to be bothered with Sidonio Ogarrio.

If you do kill him, you can return to Bonaire pirate fort and tell Wilfred Bythesea the good news. His dialog file already made provision for that and gave you some XP as a reward before I did anything to this quest.

The quest stays active for three months, after which it quietly closes down. That gives you time to go to Cozumel, then back to Port Royale, and then back to San Juan.
Why Cozumel and Port Royal?

Also it's really great to see this quest finally being playable after all these years and many other improvements constantly being added to the game, gg to you Grey Roger. I have a suggestion though, maybe you could be able to somehow turn the offer around or solve it some other way (in case you're playing the "good" character).

Yes, Cozumel is where you go for the finale, then you go to Port Royale to talk to the new governor (and possibly get a reward for Silehard).

You already have alternatives. You can fight Anacleto, or ask him to take you to San Juan; either way, you don't have to deal with Ogarrio. Or you can choose not to kill Ogarrio and the quest expires three months later.

Besides, I see Sidonio Ogarrio as either a gangster or a particularly nasty money lender of the sort that gives loansharks a bad name. Either way, he's not the sort of person you need to feel guilty about killing - and he's not defenceless!

Last edited:
Back