• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Killing forts...?

Eddie

Landlubber
Hi guys, Iv played this series a long time but on CoAS, the forts seem to be nigh impossible to kill, even when the cannons on your ship/squadron outnumber those on the fort and I want to know if Im doing something wrong.

ie - Im on Morgans "shoot up portobello" mission - I have an overcrewed, well stocked man o war, and the fleet is man o war, battleship, frigate, ship o the line etc whilst portobello fort is only 82 cannons.

However, however much I shoot at the fort, it never dies - after about 20 rounds of bombs it will tell me that just 1 or 2 cannons have been destroyed whilst my man o war has lost over half its cannons and is bottoming out in health - and this is supposed to be the best ship in the game for firepower. Often when the curser is red and I fire, no damage is done at all to the fort. To make matters worse, the other ships in the fleet dont bother attacking themselves, and just sail around in circles getting blown to bits.

After spending half an hour, getting the whole fleet destroyed and managing to limp away with 5% health, the fort had only gone down to 59 cannons.

Am I doing anything wrong here? Is there anything you specifically have to target?

on Forts, use regular Cannon Shots, and i think your ship armement has to be culverins instead of just plain cannons, bombs work on ships, causing more damage to the hulls than they do on forts. hope this helps.

on Forts, use regular Cannon Shots, and i think your ship armement has to be culverins instead of just plain cannons, bombs work on ships, causing more damage to the hulls than they do on forts. hope this helps.

Cannons and exploding shot work just fine, I've found

Back