• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Kinda cool but weird bug...

mjh623

Rum Runner
Well, I stumbled into a new bug. When using sail-to menu to get a look at where other ships were at, lo and behold as I was clicking on the different ship icons, I was being placed on that ship. I don't mean sailing to that ship, I mean I was in third person view as though it were my ship. Since my own ship was not in any danger at the moment, I watched the view of an AI battle between a schooner and a cutter from the schooner's perspective, and then the cutter's. Interesting, but not right. If I scrolled through the ships far enough, I eventually came back to my own. And I could control it normally. Anybody else experience this?

You can view other ships externally by hitting ctrl - arrow keys. There have been instances on my end of the key assignments getting messed up from loading games (changing keys in options and reloading a few times cures that).

This causes things like causing the tab key to bring up the orders menu, and yes, making the view jump from ship to ship as the left/right arrow keys are pressed.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Yes, I have had a couple of key-mapping situations like you posted about previously.

Did you change the controls back to default after installing the mod and then go back to change them?

Apparantly this may be what is causing certain peoples keys to stuff up randomally and be remapped

That is indeed unintentional, but it's pretty cool that your Sail To menu
got confused with the "move camera" controls.
Now I'm wondering if maybe we can do that on purpose in Arcade Mode. :razz

Back