• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

La Bella Isabella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
La Bella Isabella

You must have the "COAS_Characters_mod" and the "POTC-COAS voices mod" in order for this mod to work properly. Both of these mods can be found on the PiratesAhoy! FTP.

Plus you will need to start a new game to experience most of the changes to the quest.

This is a modification of the "Story of the Beautiful Isabella" quest line. Just who is Don Salvatore? Where does he come from? And why does he betray the woman who loves him so much?
Please post any bugs or comments in this thread! :onya

Caution: There is some strong language in Don Salvatore's dialog, please be aware of this prior to d/l the mod.

http://pyratesahoy.com/coas/Officerpuppy/La%20Bella%20Isabella.7z

Well, I just finished the dialgue, whew! That took forever, I just hope it works when I get around to testing.

While searching for some quest related things, I found that the quests_reaction file holds some juicy info about what you see in quests. For instance there is a Spanish quest in which you have to save a Spaniard from huge pirate fleet of 1st rates. Well, I found the entry for the ships in this file, meaning if I choose, I can give the few Spanish ships in the battle first rates and give the pirates nothing bigger than a galeon. Plus it would seem I could add or subtract ships as well, even change models of the captains aboard some ships plus what weapon they carry.

So far I'm having mixed results, I'm having some problems with the dialog for the husband but I think I've found the problem. Seems I have some extra lines in the header file which don't quite fit in with the code file so I just have to compensate with the new lines.

I'ts quite late here already, time sure did fly, so I'll work on this tomorrow, but so far so good :onya

An here are two little items.....

A little background story and the origin of the Tiepolo surname:

The French Presence, pg 27

1310 The plot of Baiamonte Tiepolo and the Council of Ten

Might not make much sense now, but once you play the quest you'll figure it out quickly. I just wanted to attach a little historical fact to the quest to make my changes believable. Fortunetly for me I found it.

Atilla.jpg

Nice sources OP! :onya I'm definately ordering the Carribean book from Amazon. Big time looking forward to playing your quest. :yes

MK

Well, I'm going to try to fix the husbands dialog today, I hope the issue I spoted late last night was the source of the problem.

If I fix that, I'll have to test the quest out by playing through it but I'm confident everything will work fine. I've also slightly modded Isabella's texture, I'm currently doing a small change on her husband and I might tinker with Rosita, I haven't decided yet.

One of the final changes I have in mind was reducing the amount of money it costs to support Isabella, personally I feel its very expensive but what do other think?

The mod will have two requirements, you will need the COAS_Characters_mod and the POTC-COAS voices mod. Both can be found on the FTP.

@Modernknight1

Thanks! It's just a small piece of information I'm using but I think it's enough to justify some of the changes I've made which I think give Don Salvatore a little more of a background story. I'm probably going to go through his and Atilla's dialog again and see if I can flesh it out a little more.

Donc.jpg

Dai nemici mi guardo io, dagli amici mi guardi Iddio!
I (will) protect myself from my enemies; may God protect me from my friends!
- Don Salvatore Tiepolo

Quest complete! See first post for details.

Cool! CoAS quest-work! Of course quests_reaction.c is probably the file where ALL quest-related things are storedm
so you could change ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING there.

This makes me wonder once more if maybe somebody shouldn't start work on a "Build Mod for CoAS".
Please see here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14575-jscombinedcodemod/page__view__findpost__p__352852

Let the PotC Modding team know if you need any quest-writing help.
CoAS has pretty much the same coding system as PotC does,
so there might be things that you're not sure of, but we are. ;)

OP you old dog you,

Congratulations mate!!! I'm working on a gunrunner mod that would be a much simpler added Governors quest, but it's really nothing - and wouldn't be possible without the work Luke and Nixarass did to have the large cargoes of cannon present. But what you've done here is ground breaking and demonstrates that we can get meaningful quest mods into COAS!!! :will I am so glad to see this! :onya Can't wait to play it! Going to the FTP shortly to get it and try it out. Hopefully this is the start of many more.

I agree with Pieter that between the fairly small group of guys active here on the COAS side that we should add all the mods in a bundle for an actual COAS Build 1. Luke already bundled some of your stuff in the Luke ubermod combined mod. Your card faces are in there, which are a great improvement over the originals BTW.

I will assist as necessary, but I know there are guys here that have way more ability, knowledge and access to the right places that I don't. I'm good for an opinion (hot air) if nothing else. :rolleyes:

MK

Thanks guys. Despite the # of files included in the mod, I think the changes are small compared to what could be done with more knowledge and experience.

It's just a small step to the big goal, creating new quests. :will

I agree with Pieter that between the fairly small group of guys active here on the COAS side that we should add all the mods in a bundle for an actual COAS Build 1. Luke already bundled some of your stuff in the Luke ubermod combined mod. Your card faces are in there, which are a great improvement over the originals BTW.
There is already this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods
Somebody should download that, add the new stuff, put it into a file again and reupload. Quite doable, really.
Especially for someone who's aware of what's new, eg. NOT me. :rolleyes:

OP old man, Haven't actually had time to look at your implementation. I'm trying to get this additional governors quest in that I'm calling the gunrunner mod. Did you completely replace the Isabella quest with this one, or did you add it in addition to? If so, what files did you overwrite, or did you just change the name and location??? Where did you add it?

Thanks

MK

Neither, it's just some fixes/changes to the original quest.

Some changed dialog, different values in how much you give Izzy, replaced some character models, new textures for existing characters.

In my modded Teno quest, I even added a new item, it uses one of the original sword models so its not entirely a new item, but its new in it's attributes and item description.

I would love to make a new quest though, though I'm not sure how to go about it yet, it's not exactly a cut and paste job as I'm sure your'e finding out. I already have one in mind, the original POTC quest.

This mod is featured in the COAS CM and any further development will now be done there, therefore I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back