• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug "La Boussole" frigate

Serge Grey

Powder Monkey
1. PoTC NG Build 14, Tuesday 27th March 2018
2. There is "La Boussole" frigate in the second task of Silehard governor in the "Story of Hawk's" storyline. It replaces your ship in the last part of the mission. So problem is the deck, cargo hold and captain's cabin is from my English Bark (current ship), but not from frigate.
3. OK. If it currently needs.
4. Program\internalsettings.h changes only (// Included in Iron Man Mode and // LOG, LOOKS & EFFECTS sections).
5. OK.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 178
  • system.log
    992 bytes · Views: 193
  • -=Serge=- Open Sea September 3rd, 1750.7z
    630.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
The deck is indeed the same for the English Bark and the frigate. The cargo hold is the same for all ships. The cabin should not be, though both are fairly small compared to what you'll see on a larger ship such as a pinnace. Which of these two looks most like the cabin of your frigate?
cabin1.jpg cabin2.jpg

The second (right) picture. Yes, i have mistaken with it, cabins are different. Thought there will be a different deck. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
That's a relief! The deck is set by the ship's definition, but the cabin is assigned somehow and always referred to as "Tutorial_Deck". So "compile.log" shows that you have visited "ShipDeck1" (that's the deck which is set for both the English Bark and the "Boussole"); and it also shows that you visited "Tutorial_Deck", which is your cabin. I was worried that it was getting confused and assigning you the wrong cabin, but if you're getting the medium-sized cabin - the one on the right - then the game behaving correctly.

Thanks for the report anyway. A report of a bug which turns out not to be a bug does no harm. Not reporting a bug which really is a bug means we never find out about it and it is never fixed. So, when in doubt, report it!

Back