• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

La Vega problem

The Prophet

Landlubber
Ahoy!

Today, while playing CoAS (with modpack) i have encountered a strange thing... I was doing a Spanish Quest Line - a task given by Spanish Governor General and Governor of Santiago, simply to capture the city of La Vega. I have done what must be done: exterminated all of La Vega bucaneer population with their chief in Residence included, after this immediately plotted course to Santiago. Governor of Santiago has shown his gratitude (100k) and sent me with further report to Governor General. In Havana Spanish GovGen congratulates me and... nothing happens.

Alas I have an option to transfer La Vega to Spain, when I do this i recieve 2 entries in log book (1. that by the agreement with GovGeneral La Vega is mine, and 2. that La Vega is captured by Spain). When I don't transfer La Vega - I don't recieve any entries in log book concerning the fate of La Vega furthermore I don't have any option to capture this colony. (though i had 3 officers - one as Fighter&Canoneer and another 2 - Fighters Only)

Is this a bug, or simply I'm doing something wrong? Maybe I need officer on certain position or one unocuppied? Or maybe i need more crew onboard? (attacked La Vega only with 3 Fighters and something about 250 crewmen)

PS.

During slaughter in La Vega i saw a little error in top right corner saying something about La Vega Mayor... Similar but concerning character: saying something of value -1 is shown when I'm transfering La Vega to Spain.

My understanding is that you have to appoint an officer as governor for any settlement you capture. Having never done this though, I can't expand beyond that...

Well, I've never done spanish quest line, so can't help you with that. But as far as taking other settlements goes, you can but you don't have to appoint officer as governor and the town will stay yours (if/until it's recaptured that is, but that's different story).

Back