• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Lagging Issue

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
I have a laptop running vista with an Intel chipset; I have installed the Swiftshader which allows it to run, but now and again it starts to lag really bad and there have been some crashes as well, especially in fights where I have companions present. Does anyone have recommendations? Ah, yes--I am running build 13 final.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is really a whole lot more that you can do to improve your game performance. Swifshader is the only way I know of to even get the game to work on Intel graphics chipsets. The sad fact is you are lucky to even get the game to run at all. I have helped many users over the years try to get the game to work on Intel chipsets, and the success rate has been about 50/50. Intel is just completely pathetic when it comes to gaming performance, they are finally starting to address those shortcomings with their newest chipsets, but I don't think those are on the market quite yet.

About the best advice I can give you is make sure you don't have any background processes running, and be sure to defragment your hard drive on a regular basis. A fragmented hard drive really plays havoc with this game because of the way the file structure is laid out. Defragmenting can also help to prevent crashes, POTC is one of the few games I have seen that with, but it really does make a difference. Hope that helps mate!

Good to know, thanks. I'll defrag (which I've been putting off too long anyway) and run game booster which helps a lot with M2TW when I run that. Thanks for the quick reply btw.

Back