• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Landfall/Ship fast travel problem 14-9.5

Treebiter

Landlubber
Hi all. I used to play the build mod a few years back and after a long hiatus have just found my way back here. I've just installed B14 A9.5 and have tried to start a few new games but keep encountering problems. For some reason when I am in coastal waters I get no option to fastsail to the dockable points. I don't know if this has been changed but I can't even seem to find the towns when I try and sail in manually. I just spent an hour sailing around Cayman, Guadeloupe and Jamaca whithout any joy.

I was mostly trying the Master and Commander start which I am aware is questless but from what I have gathered allows freeplay. Is this correct? Does this start actually work? I also tried the Hornblower quest but when I travel to Guadeloupe I get no option to travel to the beach I'm supposed to be headed to or even the town, which I can see, doesn't show as an option.

Any suggestions? Am I just being dense?

Great mod btw. I can't wait to get this working so I can try all the shiny new things you guys have brought in since I was here last.

What was your problem xD:

I know that the Experimental mod (might) have an option that you have to find the port to enable fast travel (it was being planned ;))

The M&C 'quest' indeed does allow freeplay.
It doesn't allow for any quests to be played though, because they're not there.
But you can go pirating at random, taking generic missions (cargo, etc.), get a LoM, etc.

I have the experimental mod pack so I think it's as you say Cpt Maggee. Once I found a port the option to sail to it became available.

Thanks guys. It be plundering time.

Ah; you're using realistic sailing mode. What you noticed is an intentional mod that is to
encourage people to actually do some sailing. Screwface is going to update the ingame buyable maps,
which can tell you where to find shores and towns around the islands.

Picked it xD:

Indeed this does add to the gameplay value and I look forward to testing it myself :D

Back