• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Latest update 2/20

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Just downloaded and installed this 2'28 update and when I booted it up it the opening page 20th December, have I made a mistake and installed the wrong up date,

There are two places to check that version:
1. Main Menu
2. Top of "Build Info.txt"
They're fully independent and I used to update them both.
Sometimes I'd forget one, but that still leaves the other to double-check.

Not sure how Grey Roger handles it these days.
Might be different. But you can check...

Doesn't he do a "fixes.txt" in the main game folder now instead?
Maybe look at the 'last edit' date for that one?

Well, I think I might have the newest version because I picked up an American dime minted in 1875. Never seen that before. A little awkward since I am in 1690.

Well, I think I might have the newest version because I picked up an American dime minted in 1875. Never seen that before. A little awkward since I am in 1690.
Yep; that's certainly confirmation enough. :onya

I don't think it's finished yet. @Pieter Boelen, maybe we should skip the possibility to find it randomly
for now?
Agreed.
Makes more sense as quest-only item.
Certainly for now.

Put this file into "PROGRAM\ITEMS", overwriting the file which is there. It sets the "skiprand" attribute on both versions of the dime so that you should not find them in random chests. I'm not sure whether "skipequip" is needed to prevent them from appearing on random corpses as well, so that's also set for good measure. (You'll need to start a new game for this to take effect.)

And yes, I forgot to change "PROGRAM\globals.c" to show the date. But I did update "BuildInfo.txt".

"fixes.txt" does not go into the update archive. It is for information in this thread.

Another way to find out whether you have the newest update is to go to Martinique, land in St. Pierre, then walk through the gap in the rock to the beach with the boat under construction. Look at the flag on the loading screen. If you're in any period other than "Napoleonic", that flag should now be the older style instead of the tricolour.

Attachments

• initItems.c
    345.7 KB · Views: 150
go to Martinique, land in St. Pierre, then walk through the gap in the rock to the beach with the boat under construction. Look at the flag on the loading screen. If you're in any period other than "Napoleonic", that flag should now be the older style instead of the tricolour.
Your attention to detail never ceases to amaze! :bow

Back