• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Leif Ericson

jmaverick

Sailor
Hi,
I found (reading a file in the game) that certain Leif Ericson exists inside the game, and that there is a quest called sort of 'contract with hell', coudl anyone tell me to what principal quest Leif Ericson is related? Ascold quest? Is 'contract with hell' part of a rendez-vous with Leif Ericson? I also, reading the text, understood that three skulls are involved....Please advise, thx

Hmmm... interesting, no idea mate, never ran into this one myself. :shrug

This one is gonna require some investigating! :mm

Leif Ericson is in the game but I have no idea how to get to him either. It might be related to the Ascold quest as mentioned.

Yes, I had already asked about this mystery:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//topic/16190-quest-of-leif-ericson-the-three-skulls/
Hallo! :gday
Does anyone know the quest with Leif Ericson, executable with the three skulls Toltecs?
Thanks! :doff
Very, very interesting.
There is also a pact with the devil.
Is possible that nobody has ever discovered this part of the game? :woot

The contract with hell is at the end of the Ascold quest (or also called quest of the mummy powder).

1°/ the mummy powder : first you have to launch the mummy powder quest (you have to talk with some merchants in store and ask for job. one of them will give you this quest)
find the mummy powder by talking to all the street merchants (you have asked to each one 3 or 4 time the same question : do you have mummy powder ? you can also, after asking this question to some merchant, go back to see the merchant who give you this quest he will say something to you (the street merchant have fear of the inquisition so you have to insist), maybe it's important and maybe you can't found the powder if you don't go back in his store... maybe not. personally I always go back to see him and generally I found the mummy powder a few time after this visit (Curacao look like to be a god place to find the powder)
take the powder back to the merchant, he will say to you to take it to Ascold in Guadeloupe (look in the houses of Basse-Terre to find him).

2°/ the 3 Aztec items : After giving him the powder he will give you a new mission : find 3 Aztecs items.
personally I never found these items in the tresors quest. I find them in Tenochtitlan but only when it was to late. You can buy them in Jamaica. You have to talk to the Henry Morgan's secretary. It will cost 1000000. Take back these items to Ascold and he will give you a new quest (you have to come back after a few days).

3°/ The Spanish list : You have to find the Spanish list of Aztec artefact : go to Havana, talk to the bartender ("i have another thing to do"). after that, go, through the jungle, to Santiago. you will find in a house a Spanish officer. talk to him and he will say to you where you have to go to find the manowar who have the list : the Amatike bay (near Belize). Go back to Havana and to your ship and let's go to the Amatike bay (if you can, because all this part of the quest is very hard).
You will find 10 manowar in the Amatike bay. you have to board therm and to find the list in the desk of the captain cabin. When you find it, sunk the other manowar and go ashore of the Amatike bay. you have to go to the Inca temple, kill all the Spanish soldiers around the temple. After that go in and kill everybody (not easy, you can lose some officers). Don't miss the Aztec totem, a new one who give a bonus to the talent "repair", inside this temple. You can used him in Tenochtitlan to open a desk. In this desk you will find rare Aztec item but they don't have any utility in these quest. You will find in this chest the 3 items you looked for in the part 2. You can go (if you have completed the Tenochtitlan quest orf course. if not you can't) or not, it's not an obligation.
So after killing every Spanish soldier around and in the Inca temple you can go back to see Ascold. You will have a new mission.

4°/ The tomb : Finding the tomb is very easy... go to the cavern of Guadeloupe. When you will be near the tomb entry in the cavern your player will say something. Go back to Ascold and he will asked you to find the tablet. This tablet is needed to open the passage to the tomb in the cavern (at this part of the quest you will don't have any more informations about it in your quest log, so read well the dialogue and use your memory).

5°/ The Aztec tablet : the tablet is in a deserted island (random place). Personally in found it not far of Guadeloupe, in the cavern of Dominique in front of the entry (it's look like an Aztec totem but it's a little bigger). If you don't find it there you have to look in other place like Cayman, Turks etc. when you find it take back the tablet to Ascold and you will have now the funny part of this quest. But TAKE CARE, I've seen a very bad bug in this part of the quest : I lose some officer, my warrior. so remove them from their post before.

6°/ Leif Ericson : After taking back the tablet to Ascold go back in the cavern and put the tablet in the symbol on the floor. You will have a loading screen and then the passage is open. go near the tomb and try to open it. You can't open it of course but you have to try before to go back to see Ascold, he will give you an item to open the tomb (you have to make a lot of travel between the city and the cavern in this part of the quest). So now you can open the tomb. 3 skeletons appears, kill them all. after that Leif Ericson appear and talk to you. he will say to you his story (very funny) after some little tricks (you have a funny surprise there) he will give you a mission : invade Basse-Terre with an army of skeleton, and find 4 items (3 toltecs skull and an another item. You have to speak to Leif Ericson to be able to go out of the cavern and to launch the attack..
You will have french soldiers just outside and in the town, kill them all and after that talk to the governor in the residence. he will give you the key to open the cupboard where you will find the 3 skulls and the other items. Take all that and go back to see Leif Ericson. after a short talk you're free.
Go back to Ascold, after a short talk you realize that you have to save the world... amazing... go back to the cavern and kill Leif Ericson. Take the items he have (you will never seen back the 3 skulls and the another items :) ). You will find a Vase which is very important so don't forget it (he have also a nice heavy sword).
Go back to Ascold and now you will have 2 options : sell him the vase for 50000gold (not interesting) or to keep it and try to open by your own way. You should keep it.

7°/ The contract with hell : You have to find a way to open the vase. Go in the shipyard and asked to the owner to do it. generally he will refuse and ask you to give it to the church. if you choose to give the vase to the church you will gain reputation (a lot of reputation). If you want to open the vase you have to go in several shipyard. In one of them the owner will said to you to take his tools on a table and to do it yourself (personally it was in Saint Domingue). So open it and you will be teleported in Guadeloupe at the mornl'o shore. A demon (he don't look like) will talk to you and he will propose you different thing (after a long speak, but it's fun to read it). you can ask for everything he will purpose to you. He will give you : money (you have to go in a bank, for me it was in Charlestwon but maybe it's in an random one, and you will have 3000000 for free), rum (in an random store i think you will have free rum, for me it was in Port Royal), better attribute (in one brothel, the owner will asked you to choose 1 attribute and after a little operation you will gain 1 point to it. For me it was in Tortuga but maybe it's an random place), and finally he can give you invulnerability (immunity to all attacks, and i let you read the contract to see the meaning of that).

So now you have a contract for this last pointed. But just an advice : rise the pirate flag in a shore and go, through the jungle, in the nearest town. You are invulnerable now so don't worry. Kill all the guard, they always appear but that's good for you. Kill as much you can. You can go to the fort of this city to. well take fun and kill as much you can. It's also a good way to rise some talent like heavy weapon, pistol, defence etc...after that you will catch enough energy to paid your invulnerability for several day (because you have to pay it with lives) so no problem if you want to make a long travel in sea. of course you can repeat this operation in all the city when you need it (but you relation with the nation will be... very bad of course). If you can't paid for you invulnerability, you loose it. Check your quest log to see how much you have to pay it and to see how much reserve you have.

and that's all for the Aslcold quest. Now you know how to have a contract with hell, how to find Ericson etc ;) a very nice, and very funny quest. but to hard some time ( the part 3 is hardcore)

edit 1 : sorry for my English
edit 2 : do you Laugh at me Giocoso :eek:k ??? if not thanks :rolleyes:

The contract with hell is at the end of the Ascold quest (or also called quest of the mummy powder)......
Remarkable, very remarkable!!! :woot :onya
This is, IMHO, the most complete and comprehensive description of the Ascold Quest date written. :bow
Congratulations! :yes :cheers

Great write up Daf.fr, well done mate! :onya

The contract with hell is at the end of the Ascold quest (or also called quest of the mummy powder).

1°/ the mummy powder : first you have to launch the mummy powder quest (you have to talk with some merchants in store and ask for job. one of them will give you this quest)
find the mummy powder by talking to all the street merchants (you have asked to each one 3 or 4 time the same question : do you have mummy powder ? you can also, after asking this question to some merchant, go back to see the merchant who give you this quest he will say something to you (the street merchant have fear of the inquisition so you have to insist), maybe it's important and maybe you can't found the powder if you don't go back in his store... maybe not. personally I always go back to see him and generally I found the mummy powder a few time after this visit (Curacao look like to be a god place to find the powder)
take the powder back to the merchant, he will say to you to take it to Ascold in Guadeloupe (look in the houses of Basse-Terre to find him).

2°/ the 3 Aztec items : After giving him the powder he will give you a new mission : find 3 Aztecs items.
personally I never found these items in the tresors quest. I find them in Tenochtitlan but only when it was to late. You can buy them in Jamaica. You have to talk to the Henry Morgan's secretary. It will cost 1000000. Take back these items to Ascold and he will give you a new quest (you have to come back after a few days).

3°/ The Spanish list : You have to find the Spanish list of Aztec artefact : go to Havana, talk to the bartender ("i have another thing to do"). after that, go, through the jungle, to Santiago. you will find in a house a Spanish officer. talk to him and he will say to you where you have to go to find the manowar who have the list : the Amatike bay (near Belize). Go back to Havana and to your ship and let's go to the Amatike bay (if you can, because all this part of the quest is very hard).
You will find 10 manowar in the Amatike bay. you have to board therm and to find the list in the desk of the captain cabin. When you find it, sunk the other manowar and go ashore of the Amatike bay. you have to go to the Inca temple, kill all the Spanish soldiers around the temple. After that go in and kill everybody (not easy, you can lose some officers). Don't miss the Aztec totem, a new one who give a bonus to the talent "repair", inside this temple. You can used him in Tenochtitlan to open a desk. In this desk you will find rare Aztec item but they don't have any utility in these quest. You will find in this chest the 3 items you looked for in the part 2. You can go (if you have completed the Tenochtitlan quest orf course. if not you can't) or not, it's not an obligation.
So after killing every Spanish soldier around and in the Inca temple you can go back to see Ascold. You will have a new mission.

4°/ The tomb : Finding the tomb is very easy... go to the cavern of Guadeloupe. When you will be near the tomb entry in the cavern your player will say something. Go back to Ascold and he will asked you to find the tablet. This tablet is needed to open the passage to the tomb in the cavern (at this part of the quest you will don't have any more informations about it in your quest log, so read well the dialogue and use your memory).

5°/ The Aztec tablet : the tablet is in a deserted island (random place). Personally in found it not far of Guadeloupe, in the cavern of Dominique in front of the entry (it's look like an Aztec totem but it's a little bigger). If you don't find it there you have to look in other place like Cayman, Turks etc. when you find it take back the tablet to Ascold and you will have now the funny part of this quest. But TAKE CARE, I've seen a very bad bug in this part of the quest : I lose some officer, my warrior. so remove them from their post before.

6°/ Leif Ericson : After taking back the tablet to Ascold go back in the cavern and put the tablet in the symbol on the floor. You will have a loading screen and then the passage is open. go near the tomb and try to open it. You can't open it of course but you have to try before to go back to see Ascold, he will give you an item to open the tomb (you have to make a lot of travel between the city and the cavern in this part of the quest). So now you can open the tomb. 3 skeletons appears, kill them all. after that Leif Ericson appear and talk to you. he will say to you his story (very funny) after some little tricks (you have a funny surprise there) he will give you a mission : invade Basse-Terre with an army of skeleton, and find 4 items (3 toltecs skull and an another item. You have to speak to Leif Ericson to be able to go out of the cavern and to launch the attack..
You will have french soldiers just outside and in the town, kill them all and after that talk to the governor in the residence. he will give you the key to open the cupboard where you will find the 3 skulls and the other items. Take all that and go back to see Leif Ericson. after a short talk you're free.
Go back to Ascold, after a short talk you realize that you have to save the world... amazing... go back to the cavern and kill Leif Ericson. Take the items he have (you will never seen back the 3 skulls and the another items :) ). You will find a Vase which is very important so don't forget it (he have also a nice heavy sword).
Go back to Ascold and now you will have 2 options : sell him the vase for 50000gold (not interesting) or to keep it and try to open by your own way. You should keep it.

7°/ The contract with hell : You have to find a way to open the vase. Go in the shipyard and asked to the owner to do it. generally he will refuse and ask you to give it to the church. if you choose to give the vase to the church you will gain reputation (a lot of reputation). If you want to open the vase you have to go in several shipyard. In one of them the owner will said to you to take his tools on a table and to do it yourself (personally it was in Saint Domingue). So open it and you will be teleported in Guadeloupe at the mornl'o shore. A demon (he don't look like) will talk to you and he will propose you different thing (after a long speak, but it's fun to read it). you can ask for everything he will purpose to you. He will give you : money (you have to go in a bank, for me it was in Charlestwon but maybe it's in an random one, and you will have 3000000 for free), rum (in an random store i think you will have free rum, for me it was in Port Royal), better attribute (in one brothel, the owner will asked you to choose 1 attribute and after a little operation you will gain 1 point to it. For me it was in Tortuga but maybe it's an random place), and finally he can give you invulnerability (immunity to all attacks, and i let you read the contract to see the meaning of that).

So now you have a contract for this last pointed. But just an advice : rise the pirate flag in a shore and go, through the jungle, in the nearest town. You are invulnerable now so don't worry. Kill all the guard, they always appear but that's good for you. Kill as much you can. You can go to the fort of this city to. well take fun and kill as much you can. It's also a good way to rise some talent like heavy weapon, pistol, defence etc...after that you will catch enough energy to paid your invulnerability for several day (because you have to pay it with lives) so no problem if you want to make a long travel in sea. of course you can repeat this operation in all the city when you need it (but you relation with the nation will be... very bad of course). If you can't paid for you invulnerability, you loose it. Check your quest log to see how much you have to pay it and to see how much reserve you have.

and that's all for the Aslcold quest. Now you know how to have a contract with hell, how to find Ericson etc ;) a very nice, and very funny quest. but to hard some time ( the part 3 is hardcore)

edit 1 : sorry for my English
edit 2 : do you Laugh at me Giocoso :eek:k ??? if not thanks :rolleyes:
Great! Thanks a lot! You've been really o great help!

You're welcome guys ;)

i didn't say everything about the contract,
i think you need an average player to finish this quest (especially at the part 3) and it's not a bad thing at all. To be invulnerable make the game easier of course (i managed to be invulnerable during the campaign of panama and during the Coas quest), but you will have problem to paid this invulnerability. After some time it's hard to paid it. And you have to paid it. If you can't paid it with lives, by killing people or skeleton in cave, Azzy the demon will take another thing to paid this invulnerability (and i let you discovered what he's going to take as a payment).

Finally, i think, for my next game, i will ask for everything (money, rum and better attribute) but i will don't ask for the invulnerability. It's fun to do it, just for try and to see of course. Well i let you see and choose what to do with Azzy the demon :) you can save before taking the tools in the shipyard (when you take the tools you will open automatically the Vase).

A little precision more, i talked about a bug during the part 6. I think it's not really a bug, but you will loose your warrior (the ones who came in the cavern with you) when you will successfully open the tomb; when Leif appear in fact. So removed your warrior and fight the 3 skeleton alone.

One precision again, I think you can find the 3 aztecs item of the part 2 in the Coas quest. If you have done it before you don't need to pay 1000000 to the morgan secretary.

3°/ The Spanish list : ...3°/ The Spanish list : ... find the manowar who have the list : the Amatike bay (near Belize). Go back to Havana and to your ship and let's go to the Amatike bay (if you can, because all this part of the quest is very hard).
You will find 10 manowar in the Amatike bay. you have to board therm and to find the list in the desk of the captain cabin. When you find it, sunk the other manowar and go ashore of the Amatike bay.
Yes, this part of the quest is very, very hard! :modding
In Amatrice you find 10 Manowar 10.... :modding :modding
What name has manowar with the list? Or is any one random?
You must catch them all, one after the other, and check the list?
Or is the first, and the others can sink??
:boom ... :flashing: ... :boom

What name has manowar with the list? Or is any one random?

I don't remember the name of the manowar where i found the list... Sorry.

You must catch them all, one after the other, and check the list?
Or is the first, and the others can sink??

You can be lucky and found the list in the first or the second manowar you board. In that case, of course, you can sunk all the other.

If i try again this part of the game i'll take care to remember the name of the manowar where the list is. Maybe it's not a random one.

You can be lucky and found the list in the first or the second manowar you board. In that case, of course, you can sunk all the other.
Unfortunately, the manowar is always the last, I believe! :modding
In my case, the "San Pedro el Grande"... :ko
Tremendous and exhausting battle! :ko :ko

5°/ The Aztec tablet : the tablet is in a deserted island (random place). Personally in found it not far of Guadeloupe, in the cavern of Dominique in front of the entry (it's look like an Aztec totem but it's a little bigger). If you don't find it there you have to look in other place like Cayman, Turks etc. ...
HELP!!! :eww I'm stuck! :modding
I can not find the tablet!
I tried in Dominica, in Cayman and in Turks... (I will not look on the American coast!)
I used the system save-charging many times: nothing!!! :modding
Where you find the tablet?
Inside the cave or outside?
Is visible as a square? On the ground? On the rocks? Or is in a chest? Or lies with the little hand? :modding :modding :modding

Someone wrote:

Tell us where you'll find 'your' tablet, good luck!
By the way, dose anyone knows detail about this 'very bad bug': what happens and how to bypass the problem?

Where you find the tablet?
Inside the cave or outside?
Is visible as a square? On the ground? On the rocks? Or is in a chest? Or lies with the little hand?

Inside the cavern, on the floor, cant' miss it. I read somewhere that it can be in the water in some cavern.
There's also maybe an another solution. When you do the sharp quest (in which he gave you the place where you can find pearl diver), you learn more about "deserted" place (normally the pearl diver fish only in these kind of place). Well one time he send me in one of the two shore at the north of Belize.
but i thinbk you didn't look enough :whipa

just a little trick (who also works for the keys of the admiral in the coas) save just before your talk with Ascold about the tablet. I think the tablet appear in an random place just after this. so if you didn't find it, reload and try again ;)

I was lucky during this quest for sure, i found the list in the second manowar i've board and i found the tablet in the first place i've visited and for real i can't missed it, it was in front of me.

By the way, dose anyone knows detail about this 'very bad bug': what happens and how to bypass the problem?

i called this a bug but in fact maybe it's not.
when you open the tomb, and awake Leif, I give you a gift : your life (translation : he don't kill you). But he didn't say anything about the guys who entered with you in the cavern. I think he just kill them automatically. So remove your warrior when you're going to open the tomb. that's the only way.

...Inside the cavern, on the floor, cant' miss it. I read somewhere that it can be in the water in some cavern....
Thanks! I'll try again and again! :shrug
... just a little trick (who also works for the keys of the admiral in the coas) save just before your talk with Ascold about the tablet. I think the tablet appear in an random place just after this. so if you didn't find it, reload and try again ;)...
Yes, I've already done, but without results (I do often the trick save/reload/try again, for many situations).

look also at the shores near the harbor of death (north of belize), one of them is considered like a deserted island :p
sharp send me there one time to chasse pearl divers.

Back