• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Let's save Raven's Cry

Will you help to save Raven's Cry

• Total voters

Kamil

Sailor Apprentice
This is an appeal to everyone!

Truth is Raven's Cry is an Early Access title but STEAM denied the developers to release the game as Early Access. The current plan is to enchance Raven's Cry and give this game a proper release in May/June 2015

http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/620703493333145653/#c617329505860388964

This game will have MODDING SUPPORT (here as Steam Workshop support)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/617329150703355881/

So what could you do?

Write the publisher and developer emails with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and in a friendly tone. And please demand of them friendly to fullfill their promised feature of:

"Detailed and historically accurate weapons and ships bring the 18th century Caribbean to life"

In other words: ask (friendly demand) to remodel their ships so that they look like ships from the 1720s and ask them to revamp their models (they are looking good but there are some very small mistakes with the accoutrements i.e. missing baldrics in some cases)

and of course ask them to provide more interactivity and a better combat mechanic.

I cannot do this alone and this game has its redeeming qualities even if they are hidden under a ton of dirt, which when removed would reveal a fantastic jewel which could be mod.

Please help me with this.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I would rather more work be put towards New Horizons honestly.

A lot of long arguments have been had on the steam forums on the subject of raves cry and early access and frankly i don't buy into the whole debate.

I have been wondering how long it would be before this subject came up. First off, let me say that I do understand how you feel Kamil, a lot of us felt exactly the same way about POTC when it first came out. It had been hijacked by Disney and forced out early to meet their first film debut. It was full of bugs, half finished, and only tied in to the movies because they hurriedly slapped in a Keira Knightley voice-over for the opening and the "Black Pearl" for the ending. We were expecting Sea Dogs 2, and we got what amounted to a half baked POTC beta. There is a difference though, even before POTC was released, Akella had communicated with us, the modders on this and other communities.

With Raven's Cry it's a bit of a different story. We were in contact with Nitro before development ever even began. needless to say, when Raven's Cry was announced we were absolutely ecstatic, and this forum was full of anticipation! We offered to give them advice on pirate history and sailing, and anything else we could. We sent in a bunch of forum questions that we were told would be answered shortly, we got nothing from Octane or Nitro. Little by little, after a few months of development, the answers to some of the questions that we asked got sent out to other gaming news sites, while we continued to get nothing. We never got asked for advice on anything, or got any answers to any of our questions directly. We also never heard a word from Topware or Reality Pump.

I could go on, but I think that covers most of the relevant issues. I don't think you will find much interest here on these forums in modding Raven's Cry. While I won't interfere with anyone who wishes to use these forums to mod the game, I certainly will not actively participate, promote or support such efforts. If we are going to put that much energy in to fixing another game, it should be Hearts of Oak.

I would rather more work be put towards New Horizons honestly.
I'm doing the work on NH and am not going to switch to Raven's Cry, so I don't think there is a real choice between "Raven's Cry" and "NH" really.
Would it not all depend on HOW MUCH modding Raven's Cry would allow AND whether the developers are willing to support your efforts?

And just to clarify on it, I myself am going to take no active part on fixing Raven's Cry.
But as one of the heads of PiratesAhoy!, I will support any efforts made on it and if there is anything I specifically might be able to do to help, I may do so.
Depends on the situation. But other people will have to do the real work.

After seeing them stick nag screens in their other, older and cheaper offerings on Steam via "game updates" in an effort to drum up sales for RC...I could think of lots of other things that need saving, like their own self-respect on top of that for their past customers.

As an aside, they did eventually remove said nag screens after about a week of steady uproar from Steam users, but still...

Back