• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Letter of marque disappearing

Aidan Wind

Landlubber
Hi! I'm new here and I need some help. The Thing is, that I started to play GoF, which is a pretty good mod. Here's two things that happening constantly, driving me mad: Game crashes about during every battle(Vanilla version had no crashes for months). I can live with that, tho, save a lot more, than usual and it's fine. The second thing is, that whenever I ger a letter of marque, it disappears when I leave for the next scene. Any help appreciated! Thank you in advance!

So a couple questions.... have you fired upon a ship of your own nation or a ship allied to the nation that you got the letter of marque from? If you are hostile to a nation who is an ally you will lose your letter of marque. Even if it was only an accident during a battle and you accidentally hit a ship you didn't intend to. You will hear the little noise and see a message "you have used the item" or something like that.

Also have you killed any captain that you were on mini quests to find while they were still in town? If you do that the nation's whose town you're in will go hostile to you. Check your nation relation status on your player interface.

MK

We had this problem before with PotC but was fixed by Sire Pieter Boelen.

We had this problem before with PotC but was fixed by Sire Pieter Boelen.
The PotC issue can't be related to the CoAS issue in this case, since I caused that issue myself before fixing it. :facepalm

Well, I'm with the dutch, who're allied with the French. Spaing, England and France have a bounty of 50000 on my head, so yes, I used to shoot at french ships, when they send their bounty hunters. I wanted to reconcile with them. Every nation wants more then a million, so, no. Not if they had a chance against me, but if I understood correctly, The letter of marque will keep disappearing whenever I fight french ships. Thanks!

Yea, that's kind of the purpose...
"I am a Pirate in the service of the dutch"
Imagine your Boss seeing you shoot at your own Teammates.
no surprise at all that he kicks you out the Door revokes all your previleges and brands you an evildoing Pirate.
:D

Yes, kind of... It just happens from time-to time, that I accidentaly sink dutch patrols after dealing with smugglers. So I guess, I will be kicked out. Trying to avoid being hated by everyone. :)

the only country i usually respect is the country of my own flag.
To get out of this pinch, drag your bullet-riddled carcass to the nearest Pirate Hideout you find...
with a Bit of luck you will find the Local shady Slimebag will make "arrangements" for you, pay off your enemies after 14 days of waiting time.
But that supposes you get there and have the money... ? AND are willing to part with it.

Coas is like real life - you can not have all the deals and advantages without being hated :D

I know, that diplomats can fix things up. I just don't care. He wants more than a million for a single deal, so no thanks. At least I have tons of preys! :)

Back