• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Leveling: Officers change their posts without player input

Could it be you are running an older version of the game or maybe you haven't installed the latest 3.5 patch before you installed beta4?
I can't seem to replicate this problem ...

:no

I am running a new Beta 4 clean install. - 23 august

Though it is not happening as much now - perhaps if the game was trying to put the officer with the best skills in the most appropriate post since I have got more officers now there is not so much oppertunity for it to happen - and not so many posts to be filled.

:shrug

Could it be you are running an older version of the game or maybe you haven't installed the latest 3.5 patch before you installed beta4?
I can't seem to replicate this problem ...
I have installed the latest patch from Pieter Boelen, that is, the Beta 4 WIP of 23rd of August. And the problem still happens in this version.

@Talisman: My latest update contains absolutely no fix for that "changing roles" thing.
You'll need the one Levis just posted to hopefully really solve it.

Please install this update:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/levis-stuff-v-7-0.25316/
If you see it happen please provide a compile.log file.
I will also test more but untill I'm able to replicate this problem I can't do much about it ...

Have your latest update and started a new game. On several occasions my Officer's are changing their roles. It seems to occur with your landing party (Bodyguard Officers) if anything I have noticed. Always switching either after loading a save, boarding after completing the first deck or full process, When entering into the sea. It is bizarre and irritating haha, the most annoying thing I have came across yet! :( But it is workable for now until a fix.

EDIT: Can confirm this. It is definitely only happening to officers within your "bodyguard" party. I am constantly getting changes when returning to my ship, sea or deck. Entering a port/town. Boarding etc. Let me know if you want more logs because I have plenty :S

Attachments

• compile.log
    1 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
If you could find a case where it always happens. Say for example you have a save and when you go to shore it changes that would be Nice.

Do i understand you right saying it's the landing party crew which changes role and not your officers?

If you could find a case where it always happens. Say for example you have a save and when you go to shore it changes that would be Nice.

Do i understand you right saying it's the landing party crew which changes role and not your officers?

Look above post. Yes definitely. By "bodyguard party" I mean for example, which mines are mostly. 1 First mate, 2 Master at arms. (they accompany you on land and boarding at times). Basically everytime I enter a port on returning from my ship, boarding, returning to my ship from port, it is changing their roles from the stated to random ones. I have my saves if you want to have a look and also more logs.

EDIT1: Added logs from recent gameplay as explained below

Attachments

• compile.log
    759.1 KB · Views: 140
  • error.log
    77 bytes · Views: 115
  • system.log
    26.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Thanks for the details, @Andouce! If you post a save just prior to it happening, that would probably be very helpful. :cheers

Thanks for the details, @Andouce! If you post a save just prior to it happening, that would probably be very helpful. :cheers

As requested then. Not sure exactly when it triggers, that is the problem because it is so random but I shall post a save in this post when it occurs and upload the logs too. For the moment though, I have uploaded my latest logs in the above post which perhaps will show something considering it happened multiple times.

EDIT: For notes to the logs. My current party officers are:

Gerard Gold - Master at arms
Rys Bloom - First Mate
Lewis Atwater - Master at arms

These are the three Officers who are currently affected by this changing of roles and they are always in my party.

Last edited:
I can find some changes for the Enc_Officers but not for Rys Bloom. Do you know for sure in the time you played while this compile log was made Rys also changed his role? If so the problem lies somewhere else as I'm looking now.

I can find some changes for the Enc_Ofxicers but not for Rys Bloom. Do you know for sure in the time you played while this compile log was made Rys also changed his role? If so the problem lies somewhere else as I'm looking now.

Hmmn, now u mention it I am not sure about mr bloom. I am playing now so when it happens again I'll take note and let u know and upload stuff again on this post ;)

EDIT: @Levis @Pieter Boelen - Savegames are now uploaded. Basically got it right after!

Saved game after sucessful boarding etc, all roles were as they should be. Then went onto the deck view of ship to return some weapons to the locker, went into captains cabin and bam. All 3 of my officers had changed roles. I hope you guys can sort this cause it really is a pain in the a** :p

Attachments

• FreePlay.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • compile.log
    930.9 KB · Views: 139
  • error.log
    153 bytes · Views: 132
  • system.log
    9.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
So is the savegame from before or after it happens?

So is the savegame from before or after it happens?

The one that is saved on the sea (Open Sea January 12th 1740), is before it happened. The quicksave and the other sea one(Open Sea January 12th 1740 1) (Which should be the last save (latest) are both after it happened.

EDIT: As described in the above post, I went into captain cabin on ship deck from the sea. If you do the same it will happen just like the latest save after it happened showed.

Only seems to be happening to those 3 officers who are in my party......

Below is my latest compile log from playing recently(Hope these actually help somehow)

Attachments

• compile.log
    811.4 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not able to look atm but Monday I should be able to fix this.

Well just a heads up. Easy way to replicate it. Seems to happen guaranteed everytime. When you have been on land or boarding, when you enter the captains cabin, it causes the switch to happen to all your "land/bodyguard" party Officers. I think it has something to do with the ships because it seems to occur much more frequently when you do things at sea and with your ship.

Perhaps it is linked to the new "tutorial" start with the admiral etc first spawning in the cabin and on your ship. ( I have no idea, but I am sure it is linked to the ship. Maybe some sort of check firing off to assign officers to posts or something)

EDIT:

I see, well worth a shot :/ Hopefully Levis sorts it out Monday. It is driving me up the wall :p

Last edited:
People using different starts have been being the same problem, though.

That Admiral is actually good old Malcolm Hatcher. He just had a different name and model.

Another one hahaha man this is getting kind of annoying.
Fist each time a new map is loaded some log about officers is shown and the game autochange my officers duty. For example got a navigator so obviously he's in that position and some time after he is my fist mate. So does my boatswain. he ends up has my carpenter.

Compile file is too large to upload.

Attachments

• officers.png
    officers.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
  • error.log
    2 KB · Views: 137
  • system.log
    70.3 KB · Views: 135
  • -=Portugues=- QuickSave 35.rar
    580.2 KB · Views: 122
@lucho1392: I moved your post to this thread as other people have reported the same problem.
What do you mean with "new map"?

Back