• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Levelling: Improve Performance After Location Load

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
By now we probably all know of @Levis' new Levelling system and all the cool things it can do.
But it is also quite heavy, requiring to properly initialize all characters in the location.

In some cases that is done during the loading. But to reduce loading times, often that is done after the loading.
While not as bad as it was before, it still makes for a notable drop in performance for the first few seconds of loading into a location.

During some quick tests of mine today, I definitely noticed this again.
It should be noted that I did this without Levis' latest fixes, so maybe that will still change it in some way.

Anyway, we've already had a few people who upgraded to the Beta 4 WIP comment on this.
So I do wonder if there is anything that can still be done about it?
Because if a few people comment now, a LOT of them will be annoyed by it once we make the public release. :facepalm

Please test the new fixes because I worked on this again.

While you do still notice it, it does seem better than it was.
Of course we now have a new issue again that seems to be caused by the fix for this one.
We're moving problems around! :whipa

So any comments on the loadtimes/Performance after loading now?

tried it on my Laptop while on battery and noticed it takes a bit "to Long" to really initialize everyone in runtime. So I'm going to Change this number again:
Code:
#define POSTINIT_MAX_ALLOW_LEVEL_POST 40 // INT - Characters higher then this level wont be going trough post init, lower this to get shorter post init but longer loading times
Think I will Change it to 25, This will make the runtime init faster and take less Long, it will increase the loadtimes a Little bit, but we're talking about 1 second extra loadtime and only on first load of the area.

Back