• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

No comments yet on the new colors in the abilities interface?
Does everyone understand how they work (if so that would be awesome)!
I haven't actually seen them yet. Didn't even know you changed any colours!
Do you have any screenshots/explanation? I'm most certainly interested. :cheeky

By new colors do you mean red and green?
Yes!

Gold = You've got the ability (I've added this, in the past the cost was removed but I noticed sometimes I wanted to know the price of a perk I already had and this looks nicer :)).
Red = You can't get the ability at the moment (could be because of various reasons).
Green = You can get this ability
Blue = You can get this ability but it wont contribute

I don´t have a screenshot at the moment, could make one later tonight maybe.

Gold = You've got the ability (I've added this, in the past the cost was removed but I noticed sometimes I wanted to know the price of a perk I already had and this looks nicer :)).
Red = You can't get the ability at the moment (could be because of various reasons).
Green = You can get this ability
Blue = You can get this ability but it wont contribute
That sounds quite sensible! I like it. :onya

Cheers,

just started new as a pirate at Nevis. Can't talk to Jurcksen. I can't get any ship hunting quest from him, nor can I officially join the brotherhood. I had chosen the pirate on character creation, so this may be obsolete. But what is required to get a quest from him?
Am I possibly too new in the business?

And that is with the Beta 4.1 WIP including latest ZIP?
You got a savegame?

Cheers,

just started new as a pirate at Nevis. Can't talk to Jurcksen. I can't get any ship hunting quest from him, nor can I officially join the brotherhood. I had chosen the pirate on character creation, so this may be obsolete. But what is required to get a quest from him?
Am I possibly too new in the business?
I'm playing as a Pirate just now, and everything just work fine for me.
I was just asking Jurcksen for membership of the brotherhood and I
got it. Just ask him for a quest, just like you ask the Governors.
It works perfect for me. Oh yes I have the latest update 23 Sep and
Levis 7 Oct. b ZIP.

If you have the latest update, the only difference between your Game and mine
is that you have choose to keep" Nigel Blythe" in live, and took him as your officer.
I have heard that Nigel guy is making trouble for some.

Started a new game to try this. If you start as a pirate your character is hostile to them; the International Affairs menu shows -119 relation points, all the other nations are wary.
No clue if this is intentional, but I believe pirates are pretty leery/paranoid, just like me. :razz

I got me Artois and then sailed to Turks where I payed the governor some money to "fix" my relations with the pirates. After that I was -30 and therefore neutral with them. Went back to Nevis and Jurcksen was happy to make me an offer to join the Brotherhood, so apparently you have to be at least neutral with them, otherwise Jurcksen just treatens you.

Choosing Nigel instead of Artois didn't change anything regarding relations, at least on my side.

Last edited:
Cheers,

my relations to them are at 0, so that can not be the reason. Just tried that, despite of the pirates already liking me, I sailed to Turks and talked to the leader there - he didn't even accept any money from me, I think because relations are already good.

I also tried to choose Artois instead of Nigel, but that too had no effect.

@Skyworm Okay, tried your savegame now. Looks this way for me ingame:
20161014235111_1.jpg
You already are part of the brotherhood, that's why Jurcksen ignores you. I suppose you used a console command; SetRank(PChar, PIRATE, 0); perhaps? If so, then my steps above are useless, because with rank 0 you get in instantly. :doff

Ship hunting only worked for me in Tortuga btw. Not sure though if it gets overtaken by pirates if you set the relations to 0 by yourself.

Edit
Tried it some minutes ago und Tortuga stayed French, so no.

Last edited:
Indeed joining the Pirates does need to happen through Isenbrandt Jurcksen as that is the only way the "turn world pirate friendly" code is executed.

If you start as a pirate your character is hostile to them; the International Affairs menu shows -119 relation points, all the other nations are wary.
No clue if this is intentional, but I believe pirates are pretty leery/paranoid, just like me. :razz
I assume your player type was Rebel?
If so, the game doggies you rebelled AGAINST your chosen nation and therefore they're hostile to you instead.

Thanks for looking into.

No, I didn't use a console command to get the rank. I started free play with my nation set to pirate.

Now the strange thing is, I experimented myself a bit. I started several games with the same setting. Sometimes Jurcksen talked to me and sometimes not. No idea why this way or the other. But when he talked, I was - despite of the relation 0 - offered me to join the brotherhood. And after that, he also gave me the ship hunting quest known from usual governors, too.

Question remains, why is it sometimes this way, and sometimes the other?

I assume your player type was Rebel?
If so, the game doggies you rebelled AGAINST your chosen nation and therefore they're hostile to you instead.
Interesting; set the background profession to Corsair and there's the difference. Another thing I should address in the upcomig manual, but if this also counts for pirates, then the description for Rebel shouldn't say this:

Zwischenablage02.jpg

That's just confusing imho.

It's true. Unless you select Pirate as your nation.
Then indeed it isn't.

What text would accurately describe it though without being too vague? :facepalm

No clue; the current description for Rebel implies that almost everyone except the pirates hates you. I just solved this "problem" for myself by adding a little if-clause, so if I choose pirate as a nation every other nation except for those guys dispises me.
Wasn't even a real problem, so eh.

Edit
Aha, StartStoryline.c tells me everything I need to know about background professions. Should be useful for my work later.
Anyway, thanks for the info, Pieter, wasn't aware of this. Will take some rest now and then back to business. :doff

Last edited:
There's something strange going on with the ability list. After hiring more and more officers the list starts to lag until everything scrolls incredibly slow; it also takes some time to learn a new perk after clicking OK. Tried it in the latest zip and the July version.

ZIP 7-10b:
- 6 officers: the list is lagging while scrolling or learning new abilities.
- 10 officers: the lag is much, much worse.

July version:
- 6 officers: no problems.
- 10 officers: the list still scrolls very smooth, like nothing happened

Does this only happen on my side? Here's a savegame with 10 officers for your last ZIP:

Attachments

• -=Player=- Nevis.7z
    479.2 KB · Views: 198
There's something strange going on with the ability list. After hiring more and more officers the list starts to lag until everything scrolls incredibly slow; it also takes some time to learn a new perk after clicking OK. Tried it in the latest zip and the July version.
Can you check your error.log file to check if there are a lot of entries in there?
That might explain the lagging.

Only those 12 lines, nothing more:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialog_func.c; line: 239
function 'TranslateString' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialog_func.c; line: 239
function 'TranslateString' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\loginterface.c; line: 189
CreateMessage: Invalid Data
RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\AIShip.c; line: 4568
uninitialized aref
null ap
no rAP data
Most times there isn't an error log at all. The ability list just lags like there's no tomorrow.

The AIShip.c is Tingyun's version btw, not the original one; just so you know. It also happened long before overwriting the ship AI thingy.

Back