• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)]

How'd you get that to work? The stock game used to have that, but it got broken through modding years ago.

How'd you get that to work? The stock game used to have that, but it got broken through modding years ago.
For the opium quest I made a function which looks if there are any guards round you, and if so it sends the closest one to you. If you want to fight it sends all guards it could find.
I just call this function :p.
It mostly was a test and it worked that well that I kept it in :p.

What I could do now is when you attack someone a guard walks towards you. If he reaches you in time he will warn you and give you a little fine. If you still kill the person all guards will attack you.

Does that sound interesting?
This could actually be called very easily for a lot of things.

Btw another thing I just remembered I fixed with this was:
When you leveld up the HP wasn't reset anymore now, so you'd actually lose health percentage because say you where 40 and you become 44 your health was still 40 but only the max was raised.
So what it does now is it checks how much percentage of health you had and it applies this afterward.
So say you where 25/50 (50%) and you level up then you get: 27/54 health now.

For the opium quest I made a function which looks if there are any guards round you, and if so it sends the closest one to you. If you want to fight it sends all guards it could find.
I just call this function :p.
It mostly was a test and it worked that well that I kept it in :p.
Very cool! :cheers

What I could do now is when you attack someone a guard walks towards you. If he reaches you in time he will warn you and give you a little fine. If you still kill the person all guards will attack you.

Does that sound interesting?
On the one hand, yes it does. But I'd also like to know why the stock game functionality got broken and if perhaps we can restore that to proper working order.
So I'd suggest holding of for now or we'll end up with fixes on top of fixes that would cause incompatibility in the end. :facepalm

Btw another thing I just remembered I fixed with this was:
When you leveld up the HP wasn't reset anymore now, so you'd actually lose health percentage because say you where 40 and you become 44 your health was still 40 but only the max was raised.
So what it does now is it checks how much percentage of health you had and it applies this afterward.
So say you where 25/50 (50%) and you level up then you get: 27/54 health now.
Not sure what that will do for gameplay.... We deliberately changed that "reset HP on level-up" to reset ONLY the max HP.
Does it not sound a bit weird to have your HP increasing in mid-fight? :confused:

Very cool! :cheers

On the one hand, yes it does. But I'd also like to know why the stock game functionality got broken and if perhaps we can restore that to proper working order.
So I'd suggest holding of for now or we'll end up with fixes on top of fixes that would cause incompatibility in the end. :facepalm

Not sure what that will do for gameplay.... We deliberately changed that "reset HP on level-up" to reset ONLY the max HP.
Does it not sound a bit weird to have your HP increasing in mid-fight? :confused:
The bar stays the same now. Else levelling up will make the bar go down.

To ensure that they don't cause unintended side-effects in the current Beta 4 WIP version,
I have EXCLUDED the following changes from upcoming releases until we know for sure they're OK:
- BuildingSet Colliders
- Initialization code changes to improve performance, including Timer functionality
- Disabled unnecessary equip code

To ensure we don't lose it, I have kept the original code in the attached ZIP (2015 version) for future reference.

For completism's sake, I'm including the 2014 version as well which includes, for example, the Dynamic Economy and Redone Worldmap Encounters.
These were excluded between Beta 3.2 and Beta 3.4, but may still be improved on and returned to the game at a later date.

Attachments

• Levis Mods 2014.zip
    185.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Levis Mods 2015.zip
    126.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
- Initialization code changes to improve performance, including Timer functionality
Looks like I was wrong and this wasn't the culprit for the "missing ships and worldmap/sea CTDs".
So once we tackle the REAL problem, we may be able to restore this functionality again! :woot

First post updated. I believe this should be all smuggling issues tackled. Now on to the leveling issues.
I haven't had time to test everything as good as I want and I need some sleep now so please test if you can.
The first post tells you what needs tested most.

Same here :yes

After installing Levis latest update.

:drunk

Attachments

• PotC Prog Term.jpg
    PotC Prog Term.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 102
  • error.log
    100 bytes · Views: 94
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 102
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: battle_interface\landinterface.c; line: 315
Undeclared identifier: UseOpium
I haven't installed it yet myself, but that looks like possibly a missing file from @Levis' ZIP archive.

when putting in jack's stuff I accedenlty overwritten something. should be fixed now. FIrst post zip updated

One think you can try is to add the following line somewhere in, for example, PROGRAM\globals.c:
Code:
bool UseOpium = false;
Since I haven't even seen @Levis' code yet, I don't know if that is quite correct. But I suspect that is what it needs, so you can always try.

One think you can try is to add the following line somewhere in, for example, PROGRAM\globals.c:
Code:
bool UseOpium = false;
Since I haven't even seen @Levis' code yet, I don't know if that is quite correct. But I suspect that is what it needs, so you can always try.
No, it was a function call in smuggling.c but the smuggling.c was outdated in the file.
It's fixed now already.

Back