• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Life in Fort Benning, Georgia

smallsword8

Landlubber
Ok, it's going fine so far. Yesterday our bus took us to Fort Benning. We got yelled at by our Drill Sarge, took the pledge, got our hairs cut (shaven is more like it :urgh ), issued our uniforms, got yelled at again, showed to our bunks, got yelled at somemore, unpacked and FINALLY hit the hay. Woke up a little early for my first day here =P Have some time so I'll post this update. Made a few friends lately. I like James Grearson alot. Hes funny, smart and careful. When we were first introduced to our bunks yesterday, we went inside and while were unpacking, he took the initiative to introduce himself to all of us. Now I'm feeling a lil' sleepy. About to brush my teeth and shave. Signing Off...

Well, lets just say it ain't no Outback Steakhouse, but it's good enough to pass, well...except for the Egg Mayo Sandwich they served yesterday, that piece of crap tasted like s**t :urgh !!!! Still, they had stacked salad and I was pretty impressed :onya , so not ALL of what they serve each week tastes like s**t :dance .

Man, my ankles are KILLIN'!!!!!........MEEEE!!!!!........ But, I've made alot of friends here and it kinda takes the pain off me.

Signing off,

Pvt. Antonio 'Toni' Ryan (yes...I have a rank but it will change after B.M.T, Im SURE of it :yes )

Edit: I just realised. You felt soo........well........erm..."sad" in my "Final Goodbyes" thread and yet, when you come here, the FIRST thing you wanna know is how the food tastes like :shock ????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, it tastes pretty good :onya , you kn........well...Overall :cheeky

:rofl I KNEW that would get you! :cheeky

Egg Mayo sandwich? Good God. :shock They trying to kill you before you get done your training, or something? xD:

Well, you can't get stuff like Sirloins and Belgian Waffles. Hell, I'm lucky the food here is palatable, or else I'll go crying back to mommy...

Week 2 of Phase I is great soo far.
WOW! rappelling is SOO FUN! We rappelled off a 50-foot wall (back-first, though, with harnesses). What bores me soo far are the lessons on map reading, navigation and compass skills. Still, the Compass Course was exciting. They divided us into groups and make us use the skills taught to navigate through checkpoints in a wooded area nearby. Also, I finally got issued a fully functional M16A4 as did MOST of us. Though, it's obvious we were issued empty magazines xD:

During Week 1, it was kinda hell. We started with "bag drills". Firstly, they made us throw all our duffel bags into one large pile. Then, we had to find our personal duffel bags simultaneously within a time limit. It's actually designed to make us fail and keep trying again :urgh until we realise that we must work together to complete the task... After this, they divided us into platoons. During the course of the first week, I kept dropping my rubber ducky and got scolded by my drill sarge over and over again =.=. They taught us the 7 Army Core Values. Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity and Personal courage. Note they spell out LDRSHIP (leadership). They also taught us subjects that involve day-to-day life in the Army, like sexual harrassment and racial relations :shrug .

Thats all so far. Tomorrow we start CLS (Combat Life Saving) training. Hope everyone is doing well.

Signing off...

Back