• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Light

Gadin

Landlubber
Am i missing something or is there no lightsource in the game. If its nighttime, i just can't see anything. Ship combat still doable with the radar, but if you are in a jungle or town at night the screen is basically black except for my character. Is there someway to get a torch to carry around or something to make the game worth playing at all at night?

Gadin

Gadin,

That sounds like a bug, or you don't have your settings correct. When it is nighttime in the game, yes it's dark. But realistically dark. In ship battles you should still be able to make out the water and faintly make out ships on the horizon or as they get closer.

On land, I've never had much trouble seeing. There are some video options I think from the F1 menu, where you can adjust the brightness.

If that doesn't work, it might be video card problem that someone else can help you with.

But to answer you question, no. There are no torches or flashlights. At least not ones that you can carry.

Back