• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Loading save = keys changed

carmenara

Pandora's Kitten
Storm Modder
I've not seen this issue in any previous Build;

Everything works fine when starting a new game until I saved and reloaded at sea. Reloading from sea resulted in the entire keymap changed (Tab now opens the sailing orders menu, and F switches between external and deck view, along with many other alterations).

Sea battles remain playable (you just have to memorise the new key layout), this strange remapping may also affect land controls and breaks the dialogue (you can no longer select the second dialogue option as space key or LMB scrolls up then activates the dialogue choice).

I'm hopeful someone else has encountered this issue and has a solution to the problem.

Runtime condition:

Fresh POTC install and Build Beta 1 Full. I encountered this in Beta Light; in Beta Full the game is fully playable as the dialogue is not messed up.

I can confirm that using the "Full install" all keys work correctly.

I have just done a complete "direct sail" from Guadeloupe to Jamaica, and did four of five saves "at sea" under different conditions.
Reloaded while still "in game" and also after "shut down" and re-open game.
All controls worked as expected.

I am REALLY impressed with the new steering and wind requirements through your mod. Thanks for that, it has made for much more realism. :onya

I can confirm that using the "Full install" all keys work correctly.

I have just done a complete "direct sail" from Guadeloupe to Jamaica, and did four of five saves "at sea" under different conditions.
Reloaded while still "in game" and also after "shut down" and re-open game.
All controls worked as expected.

I am REALLY impressed with the new steering and wind requirements through your mod. Thanks for that, it has made for much more realism. :onya

I am running Beta 1 Full and had the same key map problem as SWS when coming from my ships deck on to Nevis shore. also Save at sea isn't enabled for me? the save button is disabled at sea and the quick save says cant save at sea??

thanks

I have to report the same as Short Jack Gold Im afraid :facepalm

I also saved several times at sea loaded each of them without leaving game and also existing and then loading them from start up.

I wonder why its happening to some people and not others :?

Captain Matt it sounds like yours might not have installed propally, did you use the LIGHT or FULL installer? :?

This sounds really bizarre. There isn't actually that many code differences between Alpha 10.1 and Beta 1.
And none of the differences have anything to do with options or saving or anything else.
So I haven't got a clue what's going on here. :wacko:

Save at Sea is disabled? You're not in a battle by any chance, are you?
We do still have save at sea disabled when there's enemies near.
Other than that, it should be working. :facepalm

Changed some keys around and a couple of days later, everything appears to be back to normal. Starting a new game first and then loading a different profile's save seemed to help restore some sanity. Changing the default keys eventually put an end to the messed up keyboard config.

It has been known that key controls would be messed up after installing the Build,
but resetting controls to default would fix that. Now I have the RunMe.bat remove the "options" file,
which should also reset all settings and key controls to default.

Back