• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress Locked icon not clearing for door from cabin to ship deck

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
In certain starts the door leading from your captain's cabin to the ship deck remains a "locked" graphic rather than the normal ship deck graphic. Persists even as you buy or swamp ships. You can enter and exit normally, but it always shows the locked graphic.

Checked with castaway after buying a ship, normal stormy start by fast traveling to ship, and agent by turning around and reentering ship.

I think what is happening is that if the start doesn't involve the normal tutorial behavior of malcolm or his replacement going through and unlocking the door, it always retains the locked graphic.

About to post a saved game for other bug that can confirm, but easiest confirmation is to begin any stormy start, or the agent start, and immediately board the ship and go to the cabin.

Attached files Malcolm Hatcher dialogue (from dialogues) and Robert Fletcher dialogue (from storyline\freeplay\dialogues which have an added line in stormystart to clear the lock icon.

Attachments

• Malcolm Hatcher_dialog.c
    38.1 KB · Views: 205
  • Robert Fletcher_dialog.c
    39.6 KB · Views: 208
@pedrwyth about this line in the Malcolm Hatcher/Robert Fletcher dialog files:
Code:
TutDeck.reload.l1.disable = 0;   //PW remove locked cabin icon
Do you think it makes sense to move that to case "TavernSitWaiting" instead?
That one gets called on Stormy Start, but also in many other cases where the tutorial is skipped/completed.
So then perhaps it might fix things in more additional situations? :confused:

@pedrwyth about this line in the Malcolm Hatcher/Robert Fletcher dialog files:
Code:
TutDeck.reload.l1.disable = 0;   //PW remove locked cabin icon
Do you think it makes sense to move that to case "TavernSitWaiting" instead?
That one gets called on Stormy Start, but also in many other cases where the tutorial is skipped/completed.
So then perhaps it might fix things in more additional situations? :confused:

I'm easy I'm sure you know the code well enough :D - I only looked at the reported Stormy Start instance - not what other skip cases might leave the same problem. [In other words I didn't read the first post properly (always read the question) which also mentioned the agent and possibly others :modding ]. So yes indeed :onya

In that case, I hope you're right and I DO indeed know the code well enough so that my change actually works as it is meant to.
You may want to check after the next update.... :wp

Back