• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Login problem

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

Why is it nowadays I have to sign in every time I visit this site?
All the other sites I revisit,I'm still signed in :shrug

damski.

Not sure damski62, mine stays signed in unless I actually hit the sign out button. What browser are you using mate?

Hi Thagarr,

I'm using the same as I've always used...Int Explorer...MSN hompage.
I delete stuff when I've finished browsing manualy...still get signed out inbetween :shrug

BTW,can someone get rid of the 62 on my name please :doff

I use Internet Explorer and I remain signed in as well. Not sure what's going on...

I changed your forum display name to "Damski", but your login details have remained the same.
Send me an e-mail if you have any problems logging in now, but it should work... well, not worse than before anyway. :facepalm

Cheers Pieter,..it worked but still had to login :onya
It's not a big problem...just that I'm lazy & do'nt like typeing it in every time.

I heard that sometimes when you clear out all your cookies, that can reset things to work normally again.
I can neither confirm nor deny that one, but it might be worth a try. :shrug

Yep it would be a cookie problem... I am constantly switching between three networks and because of this have my cookies set up to not detect settings as if I have it normal it takes ages to open an internet page, the downer is that I have to log in to most webpages :facepalm

Pieter and Captain Maggee are absolutely correct Damski, corrupt cookies can cause several problems, some of them not even related to surfing the Internet. Cleaning all your cookies will reset the data for every site and you will have to set those up again, it's a pain, but really needs to be done occasionally. It's also a good idea to clear your browser cache and history at the same time as well, I would suggest at least once every six months, if not more often. Once they are cleared, and you set the accounts data up again, you should notice a bit of a speed increase, and everything should be working again. Here are a couple of good web sites that tell you how to do it better than I can :

http://www.modernstreet.com/web-browsers/how-to-reset-cookies-on-internet-explorer/

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

Back