• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Long range boarding" perk

simenandreas91

Landlubber
Hi!

I love the mod so far - it's awesome! :)
So, I have been trying to get the "Long range boarding" perk for a while but I can't seem to get it.
I have understood that you have you have talk to a captain that is surrendering after a successful boarding.
I have read that you got to pick the "Let's be civilized about.." option, but I can't seem to get what I need to get the perk. I feel like I have tried every option available after the boarding.
Can someone please explain the exact step to get it?
Much appreciated!
Thanks.

After "Let's be civilized", you should go to another stage of dialog, where one of your choices should be "What can you offer me besides gold?"

The captain should then say "Well, I can teach you some tricks, perhaps. What do you want to learn?" Your choices then, depending on which perks are still locked, can be:
"I would like to learn how to turn my ship quickly." (Unlocks Club Hauling)
"I would like to learn how to reload my cannons faster." (Unlocks Pre-reloading)
"I would like to learn how to board ships more easily." (Unlocks Long Range Boarding)

Alternatively, edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". Find this line:
Code:
#define    ALLOW_LOCKED_PERKS                1        // BOOL     - Default = 1, If 1 perks can be locked. If 0 no perks can be locked.
Change the 1 to 0. Never worry about locked perks again!

Back