• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Looking for Steve Linney

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: hi, playing CmV3.2+patch as Espinoza, doing the Morgan's quest. Now I'm in search of Linney, gone to La Vega. At La Vega I ask the bartender, he tells me a Linneys' friend has just sailed, if I go fast I could catch him and ask about Linney. I go immediately to my ship, in the tactical map I click go to, this shows me a pirate ship. I click 'go to' but the game refuses to take me there. So I begin chasing the ship, but when I catch up all is reverted to a battle situation. If I board the ship and then go by boat to the lugger, the captain says me 'go off my ship'.....Now how go to the situation of having the possibility to speak with the captain? What have I messed up? Thx

I presume you docked at La Vega with pirate flag.

Just dock with a "normal" flag (preferably pick a nation that's your "home nation" or the one you have letter of marque from) - I had same problem while doing that quest - Played as French, and somehow I docked with spanish flag. When I got close they recognized me as enemy and couldn't talk with captain. So, I just reloaded the game to the point prior to talking with bartender, and experimented. About a dozen or so reloads later I've noticed that Linney's friend always appears with flag you use before you talk with bartender.

Hope it helps, even though it's 10 days later :)

Back