• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug lord barham missing

ok found him in the naval academy? the building with 2 canons in front, talked to the officer and he said he was upstairs in his office. talked to lord barham and there is no dialog for asking him about the quest. so im back to square one. any thoughts?

Are you doing a sidequest? Portadmiral Barham has no part in "Tales of a Sea Hawk", which is the standard Nathaniel Hawk story - that is from the stock game in which Antigua did not exist and neither did he.

well its part of the sidequest to find shaws daughter or its title "Elizabeth shaw's disappearance" and maybe its a unfinished quest...

The quest is completed and works - I've completed it myself, after finishing the main quest in "Tales of a Sea Hawk".

Have you been to see Octave Fabre in the Guadeloupe naval academy?

yes and im two steps away from completing this quest. the only thing i need to do is speak with lord barham and get cayman isle to speak to her dad and i guess thats where i encounter davy jones ship and crew, also in the quest log it directs me to speak with lord barham

After you spoke to Octave Fabre, did you meet one of Davy Jones' crew?

Can you upload a savegame?

Are you on the first or second time you have to speak to Barham?

to answer grey , yes a davy jones guy came up to me and told me to watch my back and stop searching, thats when i sailed to antigua and the only place to find lord barham was in his office and when talking to lord barham there was no dialog concerning the quest...no i dont have a save game to share

Odd. If the crewmember has talked to you and told you to stop searching, that should have triggered a piece of quest code which sets Port Admiral Barham to use a special piece of dialog for the quest. Certainly it should be possible to complete this quest, I've done it myself in the past, while playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk".

Download this version of "PROGRAM\console.c". Load your most recent save, press F12, then go to see Port Admiral Barham. (Unless your most recent save is from before you went to Guadeloupe, in which case that's the save I want.)

Attachments

• console.c
    35.4 KB · Views: 18
no go.. i went to the naval hq and spoke with an officer and asked him if he knows where the lord is, he informs me that he is upstairs in his office...i go see the lord and speak with him but no dialog concerning the quest...what now? i even went back to cayman to see gov. shaw and nix

Did you try running that "console.c"? That should set Portadmiral Barham to the specific dialog needed for the quest. If that doesn't work either, I've no idea what is going on. Go to Antigua Naval HQ, save game (properly using F1, not quicksave using F5), and upload the savegame file here. You'll need to compress it using something like 7-Zip.

Going to Cayman won't help because events in Cayman aren't triggered until after you've spoken to the admiral.

ok as painful as it is to admit my error, i did not hit F12, instead i was hitting F11, my apologies and it works thank you for your patience an d support...until next time. i did suggest something in the brainstorming section plz let me know if its possible for build 15

Back