• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Lords of Good Fortune - Signori della Buona Sorte

giocoso

Freebooter
Hello! :gday
For a long time I have a doubt. :facepalm
Accidentally, in map mode, I meet a ship pirate named “Signori della Buona Sorte” (in the game Italian: “Lords of Good Fortune” in the game English???).
Who are they?
What function do they have?
Thanks for the replies
:)

Hello! :gday
For a long time I have a doubt. :facepalm
Accidentally, in map mode, I meet a ship pirate named “Signori della Buona Sorte” (in the game Italian: “Lords of Good Fortune” in the game English???).
Who are they?
What function do they have?
Thanks for the replies
:)

Giocoso,

In English they are "Gentlemen of Fortune". In essence, they are just pirates and they fly the black flag. Most of the time when you run into them they will have more than one ship. Sometimes they are downright tough! I run from them when I'm playing a low level character. Generally they have better treasure than your run of the mill pirate. I have taken a good haul (including gold) from them on more than one occasion.

MK

Ah, ok. "Gentlemen of Fortune"! Thanks! :yes
But not only that.
Even for me, for the time being, the meeting with the "Gentlemen of Fortune" were for low character.
But today the meeting is with a character level 41, that has already played these missions:
Search Sharp spy quest
Austin quest
Bluebird quest
Kill the beggars
Flying Dutchman quest
Enchanted city quest/ Tenochtitlan quest
Double-barreled musket quest
Lost Ships City
Ascold quest
Pirates quest-line
French quest-line
Was in his last mission: Isabella; met the "Gentlemen of Fortune" while returning from Cumana with the brother of Isabella.
The mystery is that this event is always indicated on the screen as an important event.
P.S.: Perhaps they are the equivalent pirate of the national bounty hunters?

yeah, it is a bit strange...I sometimes encounter them after a completion of certain mission or part of the quest, but they are always there after I find the treasure

I may be adding two and two together and coming up with fifty eight :shrug , but could they be the equivalent of pirate captains meeting in a tavern hearing about someone (yourself) finding a big haul and going out to try claim it for themselves?

Similar to when a captain asks you to join them on a mission for spanish gold or whatnot?

if any of you read the book "Treasure Island" the book describes gentlemen of fortune as "a fancy word for your common pirate" so my guessing is the pirates didnt like being called a rouge or a thief ,etc. so they called themselves gentlemen of fortune. I mean, it kind of makes sense when you realize there were some pirate captains who had a lot of money. they wouldnt want to be called a Pirate now wouldthey?

Sometimes the game also gives that name to bounty hunters.
Not bounty hunters of Nations.
The Gentlemen of Fortune is only pirates ships.
Perhaps bounty hunters of Pirates, but is improbable and not credible.
After all, I think it's an easter egg.

I guess Fitzpatrick was close, seem like they are those pirates that chase rumours ... Like you for example buy a treasure map and they hear about it, so they follow you and after you find the treasure they ambush you and try to steal it, or maybe they just want to rob you after they hear you got a big reward for completing a certain task.

It wouldn't make much sense as "pirate bounty hunters" since they show up even if you're friendly with all the nations, maybe as "payed assassins" or something like that.

All in all, they are interesting Easter Egg, that's for sure...and always fight till the death - never had one of those surrender (maybe it's just unlucky, don't know) :)

The interesting is when you run from them and go to world map,they still appear (like bounty hunters)!
And yes they always fight to the death!

To my experience, Not that much.

Gentleman of Fortune as you say,
Appear most of the time when I Quest, Merchant Wind.

Where you transport some goods from one Shop to another in another Island.

These are no ordinary pirates, why?
Usually normal pirates have Rank 7-5 Ships only.

But these pirates have Rank 4-3 sometimes, So bumping into them is a problem.

They gather around 1-5 in a group.
If you see 5, 2 of them hold large valuable such as Silver, Gold, Ebony, Sandelwood etc stock those are EXPENSIVE.

So if you have alot of Officer and Great Leadership. I prefer you steal those Frigates I think, Or Brigs.
Sell the loot, Remove the cannons / culvariens, Sell them in the Shipyard, Keep or sell the ship if you like.

This is my experience =)

P.S , No they are not '' Pirate Assasins '' if they are... that would be cool. They just there to steal your loot from the Quest. Merchant Wind. They only appear if you happen to do that quest. I think. Usually they do appear when you do that quest.

I haven't noticed any cargo on Gentleman of Fortune, except the usual equipment - ammo, powder, food, rum, weapons, medicine, sail cloth and planks.

Same as bounty hunters actually.

I haven't noticed any cargo on Gentleman of Fortune, except the usual equipment - ammo, powder, food, rum, weapons, medicine, sail cloth and planks.

Same as bounty hunters actually.

It's uncommon for them to carry gold and silver. I think they are attacking Trade Ships.
Like you transporting good from a town to town. Merchant Wind Quest.

I got tired of them chasing me around during my Merchant Quest.
I just head them straight on and loot the ammunition in their ships + food.

Then by luck, 1 of their ship was carry not that many amount of Gold like 83.
Then the other carry about 152 Silver.

Bump into them as I was using a Manowar, 2 Battleship and 1SOTL to transfer goods.
They even use a Manowar against me...

Stole their ship with a goods of Ale, Cotton and Gold amount more than 400 :D
(not that much but it's worth getting a little penny)

Are they even pirates...
I really hate it when they surround me in circles and destroy my sail...

Stop calling them bounty hunters =(

They are just there to steal goods your transporting.
They are just like us, Gathering information about Goods being transfer from a Town.

They gather information, and find information about a ship with cargo heading to a certain town. (That's you)

Their just theif. That steal from Merchant and Traders. I never see them in early game nor right now. (level36)

Back